Photo of Kevin Reinhardt
Kevin Reinhardt

A poem by Kevin Reinhardt, a sophomore at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College’s Jefferson Davis Campus in Gulfport, has been selected for inclusion in the Phi Theta Kappa honors anthology “Nota Bene.”  Reinhardt’s poems, “Battery Oval,” is one of only 25 works nationally that were selected to appear in the anthology.

“I was very excited to find out my poem was selected,” Reinhardt said.  “I told my Language Arts instructor, Ms. Teresa Wells, I was entering my poem, and I planned to win.  I didn’t know that for a fact, so I’m glad it worked out!”

Originally from Cleveland, Ohio, Reinhardt moved to Pass Christian from University City in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, where he was rooming with his two best friends and attending college.  He moved to Pass Christian to be with his mother and found MGCCC while here.

“The college was just the right place at the right time for me,” he said.  “I am having to save up money to go to university, and MGCCC is not only cost effective but has given me many opportunities like being a member of the Honors College and Phi Theta Kappa. Plus, I have had the most outstanding instructors here.”

A philosophy and English major, Reinhardt’s essay “Critical Analysis of Heidegger’s Being and Time” won first place for the Critical Essay category in the college’s annual literary competition last year.  The essay was published in “illumination,” MGCCC’s literary magazine.

Share This Article