b"J.H. Forbis(1922-1924) Jefferson Lee Denson(1924-1929) Cooper J. Darby(1929-1941) Albert Louis May(1941-1953) Julius John Hayden, Jr. (1953-1985) Barry Lee Mellinger(1986-1998) Willis H. Lott(1998-2011) Mary S. Graham(2011-present) The emphasis in the organization and operation of the Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College is that it is a single institutional entity with three traditional campus locations, four centers and a non-traditional campus without walls. The relationships of personnel on each of the four campuses to college administrative staff are the same personnel administrative relationships, which would be found on a single campus. The same general policies, philosophies of operations, purposes and objectives, as well as the same procedural methods, apply to all campuses equally, and exceptions can be made only when based on purely local factors. The relationships of personnel on each of the three traditional campuses should always be close cooperation, articulation, and coordination among the campuses of the college. Individual differences that arise from differing student body characteristics, geographic locations, or purely local factors are respected, and their effects on procedure or policies are recognized as long as local decisions do not alter college administrative policies. With the exception of certain courses and specialized areas, the three traditional campuses offer essentially the same basic instructional program. Course numbers and descriptions in the catalog, course outlines, textbooks, and supplementary materials apply to all campuses. Close departmental coordination among campuses helps insure all students' optimum uniformity of instructional quality. Physical Facilities Jackson County Campus The campus is located five miles west of Pascagoula, adjacent to a major four-lane highway, U.S. 90 at Gautier. A direct access road to Interstate 10, 3.5 miles north of the campus, makes it easily accessible to the whole Coastal area. Well-maintained state and county roads connect with the traffic artery. The Warner Peterson Administration Building was constructed in 2002 and houses the office of the Vice President, Deans of Instruction, Student Services and Business Services, Assistant Dean of Instruction, Financial Services and Business Services along with two classrooms and a lecture hall. The Science Building was originally built in 1964 and fully renovated in 2000. This single-story, circular building, is two hundred forty feet in diameter. It houses science lecture halls and laboratories. The Physical Plant facility was built in 1965 and renovated in 1974 and 1978. This building accommodates the central power plant that furnishes heat, air-conditioning, and water facilities for the campus complex. The Drafting/Design Technology Building was constructed in 1965 and renovated in 2011. This two-story, circular building is home to the drafting and design technology department and the on-line testing lab. Campus Police is also housed in this building. The Career & Technical Education Building was built in 1968 and houses various career-technical education offices, electronics, welding, electrical technology, telecommunications technology, and other career and technical programs and classrooms. The Curtis L. Davis Health/Physical/Aquatic Education Building was constructed in 1972 and houses the health and physical education department along with multi-purpose stage facilities. An Olympic-size, enclosed, heated swimming pool is adjacent to the building. 14"