b"In August 2000, the center was established as part of Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College.Classes began in January 2001, providing services to meet the diverse needs of Gulf Coast residents, both military and civilian. The Center welcomes military and non-military personnel, civil service, dependents of the military, and civilians in the community. Students can apply, register and pick up books all in the same office. Taking classes at the Naval Construction Battalion Center allow you to work toward an Associate of Arts degree. Fall and spring classes meet two nights during the week, and summer classes meet one night a week. Short-term classes are also available during the weekend. West Harrison County Center The West Harrison County Center is located in the Industrial Park in Long Beach at the corner of Espy Avenue and B Street. The Center offers post-secondary career and technical programs, Adult Education, and workforce development training, and provides space for economic development efforts. The Administration building houses eight classrooms, a commercial kitchen with adjoining serving room, computer lab, conference rooms and administrative offices. The Multi-Purpose building houses six flexible sized classrooms, laboratory space, and faculty offices. The Career & Technical Education building houses three large laboratories, classrooms, and faculty offices. The Aquaculture building houses four classrooms and laboratory spaces and faculty offices. Post-secondary programs include Massage Therapy, Cosmetology, Commercial Truck Driving, Welding and Health Care Assistant. Perkinston Campus The Perkinston Campus is located on U.S. Highway 49 in Perkinston, thirty miles north of the Mississippi Gulf Coast in the heart of the long-leaf pine region of Mississippi. Excellent highways make it readily accessible to all parts of the supporting area. Its proximity to a number of larger towns and cities makes it possible for students to sample a wealth of off-campus, cultural opportunities. The college owns 508 acres of land at Perkinston, the main campus accounting for approximately 130 acres. The campus buildings are conveniently located, and the grounds are beautifully landscaped. The A.L. May Memorial Stadium, constructed in 1948 and renovated in 2000, has a seating capacity of 5,000 and includes the George Sekul Field, a press box, dressing room, storage area for equipment and is completely fenced. In 2008, 160 chair-back seats were added and a football playing field of synthetic turf and new track were installed in 2009. The Alumni House (formerly president's residence) has been renovated by the MGCCC Alumni Association and Foundation for college Archives. Andrews Hall is a two-story brick residence hall constructed for women students in 1979. This residence hall accommodates 198 residents and was refurbished in 2008. The Athletic Performance Facility was constructed in 2011 and houses training equipment for all college athletic teams. The Barry L. Mellinger Student Center was constructed in 1982 with additions made in 1993 and 2006. This building houses the bookstore, wellness center, and a student grill as well as many other student activities. The Baseball/Softball Complex was constructed in 2009 and provides dressing rooms, locker room areas, coaches' offices, equipment storage and indoor batting cages for the baseball and softball athletic teams. Canizaro Hall is a two-story brick residence hall constructed in 2007. The residence hall accommodates 80 residents. The Community Arts Center was originally constructed in 1941 as a dairy barn and was later converted to office space.In 2014 a major renovation was completed that transformed the facility into a studio and gallery for community education and appreciation of the arts. Darby Hall is a two-story, brick structure built in 1957. 18"