Student strolls leisurely through sunlit campus.

How to Apply to MGCCC Using GI Bill Benefits


  1. Complete an Online Application for Admission.
  2. Submit an official, final high school transcript or high school equivalency transcript (Freshman only).
  3. Submit an official military transcript (if applicable).
  4. Submit all official school/college transcripts (if applicable).
  5. Submit ACT scores or schedule an Accuplacer test and chose your campus (Freshman only).
  6. Complete a Change of Place Training Form (22-1995 or 22-5495 for Chapter 35) online. If you have attended other colleges or universities since you last attended MGCCC or if you have attended another MGCCC campus.
  7. Students using Chapter 31 must submit a 28-1905, Authorization/Certification of Entrance or Re-Entrance into rehabilitation and certification of status (this document is obtained from your Voc-Rehab and Employment Counselor).
  8. Select a specific program of study or major and make course selections from that degree plan.
  9. Complete the VONAPP on and submit a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) Letter from VA, which provides information concerning GI Bill approval to the Military Services Center. If you have any questions, contact the VA Regional Office at 1-888-442-4551.Note: The Certificate of Eligibility must be turned in to the MGCCC Military Services Center before the certification process can be completed. Benefits will not be applied and the student will be responsible for tuition and fees if a COE is not received.
  10. After you have a class schedule, complete and sign the Verification of Enrollment form in the Military Services Center.
  11. Secure payment of tuition and fees with primary campus Business Office. Students receiving Chapter 33 (Post 9/11) benefits will need a Deferment Form completed by a VA Certifying Official in the Military Services Center.