School Spirit Gets Rewarded at MGCCC
When Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College students participate in performance groups or groups that perform service to the school, they are eligible for Performance and Service-Based Scholarships.
Rules and Eligibility
- Student must be enrolled in a minimum of 15 credit hours each semester.
- This scholarship is limited to six total semesters.
- To remain eligible, students must also maintain a 2.5 or higher cumulative grade point average.
- Students who drop below the 2.5 cumulative GPA requirements and/or the 15 semester hour completion requirement will be placed on scholarship probation for one probationary semester to allow the student to regain the 2.5 cumulative GPA and/or satisfy the 15 semester hour completion requirement.
- If the student does not meet the probationary requirements, the student will no longer be eligible to receive the scholarship.
These performance and service groups offer scholarships that are awarded on a student’s individual abilities. Visit the following groups to learn more about how to audition or join.
- Bulldog Cheerleaders and Mascot
- Band of Gold
- Perkinston Choir
- Mississippi Sound
- Reflections Team
- Resident Assistants
Priority deadline is April 1. Visit the individual qualifying group for specific applications.