This one (1) day, non-credit healthcare training prepares the dental office employee/dental assistant/trainee to apply for a Mississippi radiology permit. Upon successful completion of the program and obtaining the permit, the graduate is eligible to pursue additional opportunities in the dental field related to radiologic procedures.
This course prepares those individuals who are currently working or trained in the dental field to become registered dental radiographers, including learning basic principles of X-ray generation, image formation, biological effects of radiation, radiation protection, infection control, film processing and film mounting, intra-oral, extra-oral and panoramic radiographic technique, patient management and special problems. Cost:
$200 – can be paid at any MGCCC Business Office. (Application fee for the dental permit IS NOT included in course fee.)
*The MGCCC Non-Credit Refund Policy is on the Registration form.*
Dental Radiology Application Process
- Complete the MGCCC Registration Form for Non-Credit Healthcare Courses listing Dental Radiology as the course name and include a listed course date of interest.
- Provide evidence of employment in a dental clinic/office/school.
- Bring the form and proof of employment/training to the Continuing Education Coordinator located at the Bryant Center (you must provide a valid email address on the registration form).
- Once you receive an email confirming registration with the date, time and location, you can pay the $200 course fee at any MGCCC campus business office.
- Enrollment is based on a first come first serve following submission of the:
- Non-credit Registration form
- Submission of proof of dental experience or training
- Full course payment.
Note: MGCCC reserves the right to substitute instructors, change class schedules, and cancel programs due to insufficient enrollment or unforeseen circumstances.