This one (1) day, non-credit healthcare training prepares the dental assistant currently certified by the Dental Assisting Nation Board (DANB) and/or who is a graduate to a dental assisting program accredited by the American Dental Association (ADA) to apply for a Mississippi radiology permit. Upon successful completion of the program and obtaining the permit, the graduate is eligible to pursue additional opportunities in the dental field related to radiologic procedures.
This course prepares those individuals who are currently working or have worked in the dental field to become registered dental radiographers, including learning basic principles of X-ray generation, image formation, biological effects of radiation, radiation protection, infection control, film processing and film mounting, intra-oral, extra-oral and panoramic radiographic technique, patient management and special problems.
Cost: $200 – paid at any MGCCC Business Office. (Application fee for the dental permit IS NOT included in course fee.)
*The MGCCC Non-Credit Refund Policy is on the MGCCC Webpage.
- Complete the MGCCC Registration Form for Non-Credit Healthcare Courses listing Dental Radiology as the course name and include a listed course date of interest. Course schedules are located on the website under Schools/ School of Nursing and Health Professions/Non-Credit courses webpage.
- Provide evidence of employment in a dental clinic/office/school.
- Submit the registration form by mail or in person tot he Bryant Center at Tradition.
- An email will be sent confirming registration, course details, and instructions on how to pay the $200 course fee at any MGCCC campus business office. Course fees are due in full 3 days prior to the scheduled course date.
- Enrollment is based on a first come first serve following submission of the:
- Non-credit Registration form
- Submission of proof of dental experience or training
- Full course payment.
Note: MGCCC reserves the right to substitute instructors, change class schedules, and cancel programs due to insufficient enrollment or unforeseen circumstances.