This 60-hour non-credit healthcare program will prepare you to become a Healthcare Unit Coordinator. This individual is the central figure in a healthcare unit. Learning management of information, communication, medical terminology, critical thinking, and cultural diversity will prepare you to work in a variety of health care settings. In this course, the student will learn medical terminology, anatomy, and physiology, and learn to define and describe the function of each body system. This knowledge will help you take the next step in your medical career or education. Upon completion of this course, you will be prepared to sit for the NAHUC Certification Exam.
Cost: $400 paid at any MGCCC Business Office
*The MGCCC Non-Credit Refund Policy is on the MGCCC Website.
- Complete the MGCCC Registration Form for Non-Credit Healthcare Courses listing Healthcare Unit Coordinator as the course name and include a listed course date of interest. Course schedules are found on the website under Schools/ School of Nursing and Health Professions/Non-Credit courses webpage.
- Submit a copy of your high school or high school equivalence (HSE) diploma
- Present a copy of one of the following documents (a, b, or c) or complete the ACT WorkKeys Exam (details are provided by the CE Coordinator after registration form has been received and processed).
- Copy of ACT Score that is an 18 or higher
- Copy of College Degree
- Unofficial transcript showing college courses taken AND PASSED (within the past 10 years).
After registration has been received:
- Please allow 1-2 weeks after submission for the registration process to be completed. An email will be sent confirming registration, course details, and instructions on how to pay the $400 course fee at any MGCCC campus business office. Course fees are due in full 3 days prior to the scheduled course date.
- Begin completing all health requirements and background check.
*Criminal Background Check is due BEFORE the first day of class. All students accepted into a MGCCC Healthcare Unit Coordinator course must obtain a criminal background check from a MGCCC Campus Police Office. The $65 criminal background check payment is not included in the Healthcare Unit Coordinator program cost. The payment is made at the campus business office with the receipt presented at the Campus Police Office in order for testing to take place.
Note: A background check with any possible disqualifying event will be reviewed by a committee for acceptance into the program. You must provide a Court Abstract from the respective courthouse for all arrests/charges that may appear on your background check. This process may take several weeks to approve or deny; students will not be allowed to attend the program until approval has been given. Committee approval is based upon “MS Code 43-11-13” related to clinical attendance.
Note: Students are accepted conditionally until all required pre-clinical documents are received by the end of the third week of class and approved for clinical/lab attendance.
Enrollment will be based on a first come first serve condition following submission of the:
- Non-credit Registration form
- High school or HSE diploma
- CRC proctored score with at least a score of 3 in each section or ACT Score of 18 or greater
- Full course payment, which is made at the MGCCC campus business office
Note: MGCCC reserves the right to substitute instructors, change class schedules, and cancel programs due to insufficient enrollment or unforeseen circumstances.