This 80 hour non-credit program approved by the Mississippi Board of Nursing prepares the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to perform procedures related to the expanded scope of intravenous therapy. The course includes 40 hours of online didactic and 40 hours of campus lab and clinic training. The applicant must complete all 80 hours of training for successful completion of this course. The student needs to have basic computer understanding, Microsoft Office, PowerPoint and the Internet.
Cost: $400 – paid at any MGCCC Business Office
(The MGCCC Non-Credit Refund Policy is on the MGCCC Website).
- Complete the MGCCC Registration Form for Non-Credit Healthcare Courses listing IV Therapy Certification as the course name and include a listed course date of interest. Course schedules are located on the website under Schools/School of Nursing and Health Professions/Non-Credit Courses/Class Schedules.
- Submit the registration form and proof of active and unencumbered licensure by mail or in person to the Bryant Center at Tradition.
- An email will be sent confirming registration, course details, and instructions on how to pay the $400 course fee at any MGCCC campus business office. Course fees are due in full 3 days prior to the scheduled course date.
- Enrollment is based on a first come first serve basis following submission of file:
- Non-credit Registration form
- Verification of one (1) year of clinical experience as a LPN within the past three (3) years
- Full course payment which is made at the MGCCC campus business office.
Note: Students are accepted conditionally until all required pre-clinical documents are received by the end of the third week of class and approved for clinical/lab attendance.
** Criminal Background Check is due BEFORE the first day of class. All students accepted into a MGCCC IV Certification course must obtain a criminal background check from a MGCCC Campus Police Office. The $65 criminal background check payment is not included in the IV Certification program cost. The payment is made at the campus business office with the receipt presented at the Campus Police Office in order for testing to take place.
Note: A background check with any possible disqualifying event will be reviewed by a committee for acceptance into the program. You must provide a Court Abstract from the respective courthouse for all arrests/charges that may appear on your background check. This process may take several weeks to approve or deny; students will not be allowed to attend the program until approval has been given. Committee approval is based upon “MS Code 43-11-13” related to clinical attendance.