This one (1) day non-credit healthcare certification or recertification training includes 6.33 contact hours of nursing continuing education. The course is designed for health care professionals, both public and private, who administer and read tuberculin skin test results. The curriculum meets the Mississippi State Department of Health (MSDH) licensing requirements for institutions for the aged and infirm. Heath care professionals are required to be recertified every five years. This course is offered in the fall and spring semesters and has a minimum enrollment of 25 applicants.
This 8-hour training is offered to current healthcare professionals and future graduates of licensed healthcare programs for TB certification. This training workshop offering initial certification or recertification is facilitated by qualified and credentialed Mississippi State Department of Health employees. A certificate of completion will be available to licensed healthcare participants immediately following the one-day training. Healthcare students with pending licenses will receive certificates following the formal acknowledgement of licensure.
Cost: $70-paid at any MGCCC Business Office.
*The MGCCC Non-Credit Refund Policy is on the MGCCC Website.
Tuberculosis (TB) Skin Test Certification & Recertification Application Process
- Complete the MGCCC Registration Form for Non-Credit Healthcare Courses listing TB Certification as the course name and include a listed course date of interest Course schedules are located on the website under Schools/School of Nursing and Health Professions/Non-Credit courses. You will need to contact the CE Coordinator to complete the required state form as well.
- Submit the registration form and proof of active and unencumbered licensure or program transcript by mail or in person to the Bryant Center at Tradition.
Note: Applicants are licensed healthcare participants or healthcare students in the final semester of the plan of study, including those students with a pending license.
- Please allow 1-2 weeks after submission for the registration process to be completed. An email will be sent confirming registration, course details, and instructions on how to pay the $70 course fee at any MGCCC campus business office. Course fees are due in full 30 days prior to the scheduled course date.
- Enrollment will be based on a first come first serve condition following submission of the:
- Non-credit Registration form and required state form.
- Validation of the appropriate healthcare credentials.
- Full course payment, which is made at the MGCCC campus business office.
Note: MGCCC reserves the right to substitute instructors, change class schedules, and cancel programs due to insufficient enrollment or unforeseen circumstances.