This one (1) day non-credit healthcare certification or recertification training includes 6.33 contact hours of nursing continuing education. The course is designed for health care professionals, both public and private, who administer and read tuberculin skin test results .The curriculum meets the Mississippi State Department of Health (MSDH) licensing requirements for institutions for the aged and infirm. Heath care professionals are required to be recertified every five years. This course is offered in the fall and spring semesters and has a minimum enrollment of 25 applicants.
This 8-hour training is offered to current and future graduates of licensed healthcare programs for certification in the administration and reading of TB skin tests. This one-day training workshop offered to individuals desiring an initial certification or requiring a recertification is facilitated by qualified and credentialed Mississippi State Department of Health employees. A certificate of completion will be available to licensed healthcare participants immediately following the one-day training. Healthcare students with pending licenses will receive certificates following the formal acknowledgement of board certification.
$70 paid at any MGCCC Business Office.
*The MGCCC Non-Credit Refund Policy is on the Registration form.
Tuberculosis (TB) Skin Test Certification & Recertification Application Process
- Complete the MGCCC Registration Form for Non-Credit Healthcare Courses listing TB Certification as the course name and include a listed course date of interest (can be found on the MGCCC Programs of Study/Healthcare programs webpage or at any campus location)
- Obtain a copy of your healthcare credentials, license or program transcript.
Note: Applicants are licensed healthcare participants or healthcare students in the final semester of the plan of study, including those students with a pending license.
- Bring the form and copy of your license to the Continuing Education Coordinator located at the Bryant Center (you must provide a valid email address on the registration form).
- Once you receive an email confirming registration with the date, time and location, you can pay the $70 course fee at any MGCCC campus business office.
- Enrollment will be based on a first come first serve condition following submission of the:
- Non-credit Registration form and required state form.
- Validation of the appropriate healthcare credentials.
- Full course payment, which is made at the MGCCC campus business office.
Note: MGCCC reserves the right to substitute instructors, change class schedules, and cancel programs due to insufficient enrollment or unforeseen circumstances.