Fall Semester Application Submission: Between April 15th and July 1st complete and submit the online Supplemental Application.
Spring Semester Application Submission: Between August 15th and November 1st, complete and submit the online Supplemental Application.
Summer Semester Application Submission: Between April 1st and May 15th, complete and submit the online Supplemental Application.
- Make application to the college
- Comply with Mississippi law requiring a Criminal Background History Check with Fingerprinting. All students making application to a Health Science program at MGCCC are required to obtain a clear or acceptable Criminal Background Check from the MGCCC Campus Police Department at JD, JC, Perkinston, or GC Campus. View the Health Sciences Division Criminal Background Check Policy (including testing dates and times).
- Following completion of steps 1 and 2 above, the student will be able to submit the Supplemental Application for program acceptance.
- To complete and submit the online Supplemental Application:
- Visit MGCCC Web Services
- Enter the GCID (M#) and Password
- Select Student
- Select Health Sciences Division Supplemental Application
- Thereafter, the applicant MUST read the guidelines carefully. In order to view and submit the application, college admission and completion of the criminal background check are required.
- Click survey complete so that your log-in information will be recorded in the college’s BANNER system.
Supplemental Application Deadline Dates:
- Fall semester – July 1
- Spring semester – November 1
- Summer semester – May 15
(If deadline falls on a weekend, holiday, or closing, the deadline is 5 p.m. on the next college business day).
ALL required transcripts, and entry items (college acceptance and criminal background check) must be completed with results placed in Banner (MGCCC’s computer information system) by the appropriate college employee prior to the deadline. In addition, any outstanding college holds must be clear in order for the applicant to complete and submit the supplemental program application. Incomplete applications will not be considered. (MGCCC reserves the right to review additional supplemental applications following the posted deadline).
Academic and Entry Requirements
With a high school diploma or High School Equivalency (HSE) diploma and obtaining a criminal background check from a MGCCC Campus Police Office, the student is eligible to complete the Health Care Assistant Supplemental Online Application for program admission.
Program enrollment is limited and is also influenced by the availability of clinical rotation slots, applicant numbers, and faculty. Program openings are filled based on Selective Admission. With no individual achievement test scores or prior college course work required for acceptance into the Health Care Assistant program, student ranking for program entry will be based on the following:
- Date of submission of the Supplemental Online Application; and
- Residency; In-district applicants (Mississippi residents of Harrison, Jackson, Stone and George Counties) are admitted before out-of-district applicants (all other Mississippi counties). Out-of-state applicants are not admitted until all qualified in-state applicants are admitted
After Program Acceptance, the following Health Care Assistant Program Policies must be adhered to:
- All Health Science students are required to submit to substance testing in accordance with the substance testing policy and procedures for the Health Sciences Division. View the Health Sciences Division Substance Testing Policy.
- The Health Sciences Division Pre-Entrance Health Form, signed by an appropriate medical personnel, is required prior to or on the first class day.
- Adherence to additional clinical affiliation requirements may be necessary depending on clinical rotation placement. (i.e. hospital orientation, HIPAA training, etc.)