JD Players Bring New Life to a Classic
The JD Players will present “Sense and Sensibility” at the Arena Theatre at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College’s Jefferson Davis Campus April 19-22. Show times will be 7:30 p.m. April 19-21 and at 2 p.m. on April 22.
About “Sense and Sensibility”
Sisters Elinor and Marianne find themselves captivated by two very different men in this lively and dynamic Jon Jory adaptation of Jane Austen’s classic novel. Sensible Elinor is charmed by the quiet, bumbling goodness of Edward, while passionate Marianne is swept off her feet by the dashing and mysterious Willoughby. But when Willoughby’s scandalous past and Edward’s secret fiancée come to light, the sisters are forced to rely upon themselves and one another to weather their heartache – and learn that when sense and sensibility meet, love can’t be far behind.
The cast includes:
- Claire Milligan as Marianne
- Tory LaRiviere as Elinor
- Shelby Wade as Mrs. John Dashwood
- Jade Kramer as Mrs. Henry Dashwood
- Chandee Carson as Mrs. Jennings
- Lauren Benefield as Lucy Steele
- Kathe Newcombe as Lady Middleton and Mrs. Ferras
- Julia Carpenter as Ms. Grey
- Joseph Stinson as John Dashwood and the gardener
- Bryce Watson as Edward Ferrars
- Kenny Yocom as Sir John Middleton and the doctor
- Jackson Jones as Colonel Brandon
- Anthony Pyle as Willoughby
- Zachary Petersen as Robert Ferrars and the servant.
Crew members are Ryan Pierini, director and scenic design, and Chandee Carson, stage manager.
Tickets are $8 for regular admission and $5 for students. For reservations, call (228) 897-3931.