Bryce Alexander
Bryce Alexander

I am a machinist at Marine and Mainland Hydraulics in Mobile, Alabama. We specialize in hydraulic cylinders that are used in a variety of applications, including, but not limited to, ships, industrial presses, shears, lifts and cranes. I operate a Fadal CNC milling machine, manual lathe, manual mill and various other equipment utilized in remanufacturing hydraulic cylinders.

I love my job. Not only is it a physical challenge, it is also a mental challenge, and every day brings something different to the table. I am constantly learning and I cannot get enough of that. I could write all day about the challenges and the various bits of knowledge that I utilize daily. Without the knowledge I gained from the expert instruction from my Precision Machining and Manufacturing classes at MGCCC I would not make it five minutes at my job. Mr. Showah was my instructor at MGCCC, and not only did he share his knowledge of the trade, he also expressed the importance of being prompt, utilizing active listening skills and being able to speak effectively while using technical terminology.

My time spent at MGCCC was not only well spent, it was enjoyable. I met many wonderful instructors and classmates.

Share This Article