Sherry McRae 

Sherry McRae of Gulfport was selected as one of only 10 Get2College Corps Scholars in the nation for the 2020-2021 academic year. 

Phi Theta Kappa partners with the Woodward Hines Education Foundation and Get2College to administer this opportunity for their members. As a Get2College Corps member, McRae will receive a $5,000 scholarship for the 2020-2021 academic year. 

McRae, a sophomore at the Harrison County Campus, is a marine biology major.  She has been working with the Get2College staff in a virtual format as part of the scholarship requirements. Working a minimum of 10 hours per week, she helps high school students throughout Mississippi complete the FAFSA application.

“Scholarships may seem like a one-in-a-million chance but just this one opportunity has gone further than any award value could measure up to,” said McRae. “Receiving this scholarship has opened doors for me and allowed me to help other students reach their academic goals. Get2College has had an incredible impact on my college endeavors and my plans for the future, and I hope that my time with them has impacted the students I’ve worked with in a positive way.”

Share This Article