Christopher Frenzel portraitChristopher Frenzel, a student at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College’s Harrison County Campus, has been handpicked to participate in the Mississippi IDeA Network of Biomedical Research Excellence (INBRE) Research Scholars Program for the summer of 2024.

The Mississippi INBRE Research Scholars Program is a distinguished 11-week summer research internship tailored for undergraduate students. Frenzel’s exceptional academic record and passion for scientific inquiry have earned him the opportunity to collaborate with Dr. Alex Flynt of The University of Southern Mississippi. Dr. Flynt’s groundbreaking research centers around the role of RNA biology in post-transcriptional gene regulation, with current projects focused on the biogenesis and function of non-coding small regulatory RNAs.

Expressing his enthusiasm, Frenzel shared, “I am blessed to have this opportunity to work with Dr. Alex Flynt this summer. This is an amazing chance for me, opening many new doors in my future endeavors. I’m excited to learn and discover new things in the lab with Dr. Flynt, and I look forward to growing in the field of science.”

INBRE, a network of colleges and universities, is committed to constructing a robust biomedical research infrastructure in Mississippi. The organization’s mission is to extend its reach to Mississippians, enhancing statewide health outcomes, and engaging talented researchers and students in biomedical research projects that elevate Mississippi’s research competitiveness and positively impact the health of its citizens.

Share This Article