About the Campus
The Mississippi Gulf Coast Advanced Manufacturing and Technology Center, formerly the Applied Technology and Development Center, is located in Intraplex 10 of the Bayou Bernard Industrial District. The Center was established as a joint partnership between the Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College, Mississippi Power Company, and the Harrison County Development Commission.
The purpose of the Mississippi Gulf Coast Advanced Manufacturing and Technology Center (AMTC) is to
- Provide advanced manufacturing, industrial, technical, and professional skills training
- Serve as the headquarters for employee training for Mississippi Power Company
- Serve as a model for cooperation between education and business for the State of Mississippi
- Assist and support economic development activities on the Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Serve as a healthcare simulation training center and (f) provide administrative services for the Community Campus