Dr. Jonathan Woodward, executive vice president of Teaching & Learning/Community Campus and QEP Chair, presents a certificate to MGCCC student Morgan Rich at a meeting of the QEP Implementation Committee.

Morgan Rich is an accomplished student in many ways. What is drawing her the most attention these days is her appearance on the QEP video being aired in all classrooms at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College.

Along with fellow Jackson County Campus student and Phi Theta Kappa chapter president Edgar Rodrigues, Rich is the star of the video that has been shown to all MGCCC students and employees to explain the QEP process, topic and importance.

Serving on the Marketing subcommittee for the QEP Implementation Committee, Rich probably knows more about the QEP than any student at the college.

“I am thrilled to get an inside look at the accreditation process for a college,” she said. “And I love MGCCC, of course, so I’m happy to be a part of this new success.”

A former student of Dr. Brad Bailey, QEP director, Rich has impressed him with her enthusiasm for the subject. “Morgan has been Miss QEP,” Bailey said. “She is on the PTK officer team that submitted the topic. She serves on the QEP Implementation Committee. She is on the video that we are using to market to the students, and even helped write the script. She spearheaded the communication to SGA presidents on the other campuses to get the activity ‘Get Caught with Your QEP Card’ reinforcement activity rolling. No student that I know of has done more for the QEP.”
,
Rich said she is looking forward to playing and active role in marketing the QEP and evaluating its success. “I truly believe in this topic, and I think it is something that will help our students be more successful in their careers and in general. It’s so easy to be lackadaisical as students, not always seeing the importance of showing up to class, listening to others and speaking clearly. These are absolutely skills that every person needs, and I’m so happy MGCCC is providing training in these essential skills.”

Share This Article