How to Enter:
By February 28th: Email your YouTube link as well as name, email and phone number to Delana.Harris@mgccc.edu . Length should not exceed three minutes.
For more information, contact Delana Harris at Delana.Harris@mgccc.edu.
Career program students will vote for their favorite video and the winning group will be recognized.
QEP Overriding Themes:
- Attendance/Punctuality—PRESENT, PUNCTUAL, PREPARED, and PRODUCTIVE.
- Nonverbal Communication—ability for students to use effective physical behavior that supports active listening and the verbal message.
- Workplace Communication—ability for students to summarize and repeat as a representation of active listening, and students using pronunciation, grammar, and articulation appropriate to the audience.
- Situational Communication—ability for students to ask appropriate questions to demonstrate good listening skills, and the ability for students to speak effectively across a variety of workplace contexts.
- Presentations— ability for students to identify relevant information given during a presentation for active listening, and students will identify relevant information and integrate the information logically into a presentation.
QEP Attendance/Punctuality Student Learning Objectives
- Attendance: Career students will attend class 91% of the contact hours.
- Punctuality: Career students will be on time for 95% of the classroom meetings that they attend.
QEP Listening Student Learning Objectives:
- Nonverbal: Students will demonstrate appropriate nonverbal behaviors that support active listening.
- Summarization: Students will demonstrate the ability to summarize proficiently the request made by a customer or coworker.
- Follow-up Questions: Students will demonstrate the ability to identify appropriate follow-up questions to a request made by a customer or coworker.
- Presentation: Students will demonstrate the ability to identify relevant content given during a presentation.
QEP Speaking Student Learning Objectives:
- Nonverbal: Students will demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate information and ideas using nonverbal behaviors that support the verbal message.
- Use of Language: Students will demonstrate the ability to use pronunciation, grammar, vocabulary, and articulation appropriate to the audience.
- Content: Students will demonstrate the ability to speak effectively across a variety of workplace contexts, executing delivery and adapting to audience, setting, and occasion.
- Presentation: Students will demonstrate the ability to identify, organize, and integrate relevant content into a presentation.