STEPS TO A SUCCESSFUL ORIENTATION EXPERIENCE!STEP 1: REGISTER TO ATTEND AN ORIENTATION SESSION
You will register to attend an orientation session based on the MGCCC campus or center you plan to attend this fall. We have several dates available throughout the summer for your convenience. All orientation sessions will be held virtually this summer. See below for a full list of dates.STEP 2: RECEIVE ADVISEMENT & REGISTER FOR CLASSES
Once you have registered for an orientation session, a representative from Enrollment Services will contact you regarding advisement and registration. Please be sure to check your email daily!STEP 3: ATTEND YOUR ORIENTATION SESSION
Before your orientation session is scheduled, you will receive an invitation to join a Zoom meeting. All orientation sessions will begin with a live welcome to introduce you to the campus teams and college community. These sessions are designed to provide you with an overall understanding of the college and to assist with any questions that you may have.STEP 4: GET TO KNOW YOUR MGCCC COMMUNITY
After you have attended orientation this summer, you will continue to become orientated to the college, explore resources and the MGCCC community. You will receive weekly videos, emails and sessions designed to answer questions and aid in your transition to college.
Registration for Summer & Fall Orientation Sessions is open! A variety of orientation options will be available during the months of June, July and August.
Jefferson Davis CampusRegister
July 6, 13, 20, 27
July 14, 28
George County CampusRegister
July 8, 22
Jackson County CampusRegister
July 9, 16, 23, 30
Kick Off Your College Experience
We welcome all admitted, first-time MGCCC students to attend an orientation session on campus before their first semester.
MGCCC offers three different types of sessions to accommodate all of our incoming Bulldogs. Find the session that fits your interests or schedule! Orientation sessions will also be offered during Registration on August 19 and 20 if you are unable to find one below to fit your schedule.
To help our offices provide the best service and experience possible please make sure we have the following information:
- A completed Admission Application
* Dual Enrollment students will need to update their admission application to a new entering freshman application
- ACT scores with your highest ACT scores on file
- Official Transcripts
* If you have taken Dual Enrollment Courses at another college then you will need to send those transcripts as well
- Orientation begins with a Welcome Session to introduce you to our Orientation leaders and members of the Campus Administration.
- You will have an opportunity to tour the campus. Please wear comfortable shoes and dress appropriately for the weather.
- You will receive information on financial aid, campus life, and get your Student ID made. SMILE BULLDOGS!
- Orientation ends with an opportunity to sit down with one of our Academic Advisors or Enrollment Specialists to help plan the best first semester at MGCCC.
- Please bring your ACT scores and official transcript with you.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Office of Recruitment (firstname.lastname@example.org).