Are you a first-time college student? Are you ready to enroll at MGCCC?
Sign up to attend an Orientation Session!
We are excited that you have chosen to attend MGCCC! Below you will find the orientation sign up links, more information on what you need prior to attending, video tutorials of what to expect, and contact information if you have further questions. Orientation is for first-time college students (and students currently/previously enrolled in a dual credit/enrollment program). Orientations are designed to help students better familiarize themselves with the MGCCC community, student online platforms, and all resources available to be successful. All orientations will conclude with a specialized advising session with an Enrollment Specialist or Faculty Advisor to complete the advisement process and finalize a class schedule. Prior to your orientation session, YOU MUST submit the following:
- Admission Application* * Dual Credit/Enrollment students must update their admission application.
- ACT scores** ** You may take the Accuplacer placement test prior to orientation if needed.
- Official Transcripts*** *** If you have taken Dual Enrollment Courses at another college then you will need to send those transcripts as well.
Returning or transfer students are not required to attend an orientation session, and may go ahead and begin the enrollment process.
Register for an Orientation Session
Click “REGISTER” for the campus of your choice, then select an orientation session that works for you!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Office of Recruitment for assistance (email@example.com).
All first-time college students are required to attend an Orientation session to finalize the process of becoming a Gulf Coast student!
- Students that are recent high school graduates that have not been enrolled in college previously.* * If you have been enrolled in a dual credit or dual enrolled courses you will still need to attend an Orientation session.
- Students that are recent homeschool graduates that have not been enrolled in college previously.** ** If you have been enrolled in a dual credit or dual enrolled courses you will still need to attend an Orientation session.
- Students that have earned their high school credential but have not been enrolled in college previously.
Returning or transfer students are not required to attend an Orientation session. Returning or transfer students may go ahead and begin the enrollment process. High school students who wish to enroll in dual credit or dual enrollment courses before graduation should contact our Dual Enrollment Offices.
Orientation is an exciting time for students that are new to Gulf Coast! Orientation sessions are designed to provide students with an overview of the college and assist with building their course schedule. At orientation students will receive:
- Advisement from an Enrollment Specialist or Academic Advisor
- Registration PIN and assistance through the enrollment process
- A Campus Tour
- Information from Financial Aid
- Housing information if applying to the Perkinston Campus and the student has applied for housing
MGCCC is excited to host in-person Orientation sessions this spring and summer at all of our campus locations! Students will register to attend an Orientation session based on the MGCCC campus or center they plan to attend. For the convenience of our students, Gulf Coast has several dates available. Orientation sessions will be hosted on the campuses/centers while following safety guidelines. Due to limited capacity, many of our orientation sessions could fill up quickly. If you cannot find an orientation session convenient for you, feel free to visit any campus Enrollment Services Center anytime from 8 am- 5 pm for immediate assistance. Click “REGISTER” for the campus of your choice, then select an orientation session that works for you!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Office of Recruitment (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Student Tutorial Videos