Kick Off Your College Experience
We welcome admitted first-time college students to Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College to attend our orientation sessions on campus each semester.
Schedule Your Orientation for Fall Classes
Offered at four different locations this summer, these half-day sessions are designed to introduce students to the programs and services provided throughout the college.
Check-in begins at 8:30 a.m.
Event is 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Check-in begins at 12:30 p.m.
Event is 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
George County Center
Jackson County Campus
Jefferson Davis Campus
Offered only on the Perkinston Campus the last week in June, these extended sessions, in addition to introducing students to programs and services provided throughout the college, are designed to provide information on residence life and MGCCC athletics.
Check-in beginning at 8:30 a.m.
Event is 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Monday, June 24– Perkinston Campus – EVENT FULL Tuesday, June 25– Perkinston Campus – EVENT FULL
- Wednesday, June 26 – Perkinston Campus
- Thursday, June 27 – Perkinston Campus
Offered at three different locations during the month of July, these evening sessions are designed for working students with a busy schedule.
Check-in beginning at 5:00 p.m.
Event is 5:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Thursday, July 11 – Jackson County Campus
- Monday, July 15 – Jefferson Davis Campus
- Wednesday, July 24 – George County Center
- Monday, July 29 – Jefferson Davis Campus
What to Expect
- Please bring your ACT scores and official transcript with you.
- Orientation begins with a “Welcome Session” to introduce you to our orientation leaders and members of the campus administration.
- You will have an opportunity to tour the campus. Please wear comfortable shoes and dress appropriately for the weather.
- You will receive information on financial aid, campus life, and get your student ID made.
- Orientation ends with an opportunity to sit down with one of our academic advisors or enrollment specialists to help plan your freshman semester at MGCCC.