STEPS TO A SUCCESSFUL ORIENTATION EXPERIENCE!
STEP 1: REGISTER TO ATTEND AN ORIENTATION SESSION
You will register to attend an orientation session based on the MGCCC campus or center you plan to attend this fall. We have several dates available throughout the summer for your convenience. All orientation sessions will be held virtually this summer through Zoom. Register at mgccc.edu/orientation.
STEP 2: RECEIVE ADVISEMENT
Once you have registered for an orientation session, an MGCCC advisor will review your major and plan courses for you this fall. Our team of advisors will pre-load recommended courses for you in Schedule Planner but will allow you the flexibility to select class times and formats that best fit your life. Please be sure to check your email daily as our advisors may reach out regarding specific questions about your major or missing admission documents needed to enroll.
STEP 3: ATTEND YOUR ORIENTATION SESSION
The day before your orientation session is scheduled, you will receive an invitation to join a Zoom meeting and your student registration pin via email. All orientation sessions will begin with a live welcome to introduce you to the campus teams and college community. These sessions are designed to provide you with an overall understanding of the college and to assist with any questions that you may have. During the Orientation session, our Enrollment Specialist will walk you through the registration process and how to confirm the courses that were recommended by your advisor. If you have questions, then a personal meeting with our Enrollment Specialist can be scheduled.
STEP 4: GET TO KNOW YOUR MGCCC COMMUNITY
After you have attended orientation this summer, you will continue to become orientated to the college, explore resources and the MGCCC community. You will receive weekly videos, emails and sessions designed to answer questions and aid in your transition to college.
*Sign up below to attend one of the final orientation sessions offered for the fall 2020 semester!*
George County Campus
Kick Off Your College Experience
We welcome all admitted, first-time MGCCC students to attend an orientation session on campus before their first semester.
To help our offices provide the best service and experience possible, please make sure we have the following information:
- A completed Admission Application
* Dual Enrollment students will need to update their admission application to a new entering freshman application
- ACT scores with your highest ACT scores on file
- Official Transcripts
* If you have taken Dual Enrollment Courses at another college then you will need to send those transcripts as well
- Orientation begins with a Welcome Session to introduce you to our Orientation leaders and members of the Campus Administration.
- You will have an opportunity to tour the campus. Please wear comfortable shoes and dress appropriately for the weather.
- You will receive information on financial aid, campus life, and get your Student ID made. SMILE BULLDOGS!
- Orientation ends with an opportunity to sit down with one of our Academic Advisors or Enrollment Specialists to help plan the best first semester at MGCCC.
- Please bring your ACT scores and official transcript with you.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Office of Recruitment (email@example.com).