Welcome to the MGCCC Foundation Scholarship Application home page! These scholarships are made available through generous gifts from individuals, corporations, and organizations. They are awarded to students based on merit and/or need, depending on the eligibility criteria established by the donor. Funding of scholarships is contingent upon availability of funds.
- $16,000 ($8000 per year / $4000 per semester for four consecutive semesters)
- Awarded to a student from Harrison County to attend and reside on the Perkinston Campus
- Student must be enrolled in a STEM major to receive the award
- Finalists will be invited to an on-campus interview
- Awarded in addition to institutional scholarships
The Gulf Coast STEM ScholarshipApply Now
- Our donors provide specifications for scholarships they initiate and fund. Students will be considered for specific scholarships based on your application, student status, and other scholarship requirements.
- Amounts Vary
- Students only need to complete ONE application for the Named Scholarships section to be considered for all Named scholarships.
Foundation and Alumni “Named” ScholarshipsApply Now
- $1000 / $500 for two semesters
- Awarded to sophomores (30+ hours)
- Based on financial need
- Must have applied for Federal and State Aid
- Requires minimum 3.0 GPA
The “Finish Strong” ScholarshipApply Now
Frequently Asked Questions
New and continuing MGCCC students taking credit classes are eligible to apply.
The application must be completed online. In addition, MGCCC Foundation scholarships require at least one letter of recommendation and your most recent high school transcript or equivalency test score on file in MGCCC enrollment services. Applications and letters of recommendation must be submitted online to be considered.
You will be required to provide:
- Student ID Number (M#)
- MGCCC Email Address
- Personal Essay (250 – 1000 words, electronic format for uploading)
- Letter of Recommendation (electronic format for uploading)
You may be required to provide:
- Names and Relationship to any relatives who are donors to Foundation and Alumni Association scholarships
You may optionally choose to provide:
- List of clubs, activities, and/or honors
- Additional Letters of Recommendation (electronic format for uploading)
- Resume (electronic format for uploading)
- Other documents (electronic format for uploading)
One letter of recommendation is required, but two or three letters are preferred.
Our donors provide specifications for scholarships they initiate and fund. You will be considered for specific scholarships based on your application, student status, and other scholarship requirements. The MGCCC Foundation does not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, national origin, race, religious creed, or sexual orientation.
The foundation scholarship application process is open year round. However, priority deadlines are May 1st for freshmen scholarships. Sophomore priority deadlines are July 1st and November 1st.
No. Please be sure and have all information ready before starting the application. Make all necessary changes before submitting.
After submitting your application, you will automatically receive an email with all of your application responses.
Recipients will be notified by letter or email in April for fall term awards and generally by late November for spring term awards.
Contact the MGCCC Financial Aid Office at your respective campus.