Programs and Services Available from WIOA Funding and MGCCC
Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College’s Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Program works with the local WIN Job Center/One Stop and Twin Districts Workforce Development Area (TDWDA).
The WIOA Program provides federal aid to support an Individual Training Account (I.T.A.) to qualifying students attending approved Career-Technical Programs at MGCCC. The WIOA goal is to equip students with professional skills and related credentials to successfully join the workforce in his or her chosen field of study and increase employment in Mississippi.
(ITA) Tution Assistance Eligibility Requirements (Pending Funding Availability)
- WIOA Qualified
- Acceptance in approved Career-Technical Program
- Financial Need
- WorkKeys Test (NCRC) for certain programs. Minimum NCRC score required.
- Services paid by ITA: Tuition, Books, and Approved Fees
(Pending Funding Availability)
The WIOA program also provides supportive services such as transportation, childcare, and needs related reimbursements that are necessary for an individual to participate in training activities authorized under WIOA
iWork Paid Internships
The iWork Internship Program is designed to assist Career-Technical Education (CTE) students with bridging the gap between their educational and work environment by allowing them to gain actual work experience related to their field of study. The desired outcome is for the graduate to obtain work experience and/or permanent employment in their major field of study.
iWork Eligibility Requirements (Pending Funding Availability)
- WIOA Qualified
- Recent graduate or currently enrolled in the final semester of a Career-Technical program where they are seeking a Career Certificate, Technical Diploma or Associate of Applied Science degree.
- Maximum work hours for students currently enrolled in their final semester – 20 hours per week for 16 weeks (320 hours)
- Instructor Referred
- Student internship must be program related
- Only one internship will be allowed per participant
The WIOA Coordinator serves as the liaison between the WIN Center/ One Stop and MGCCC Workforce training. For more information on WIOA programs and services, contact:
Amy Stewart, WIOA Workforce Coordinator
WIN One-Stop Job Center
10162 Southpark Drive
Gulfport, MS 39053