Partner with MGCCC
About the MGCCC Workforce Development Program
MGCCC’s Workforce Development was developed through the Workforce and Education Act of 1994 and the Mississippi Comprehensive Workforce Training and Education Act of 2004. This legislation mandates that workforce education program commitments be based on economic impact and training requirements, with a funding amount determined by specific company needs.
Training may take place in college facilities or on site. Services include pre- and post- employment testing, training and labor recruitment initiatives. Workforce education includes technical skill training and leadership/supervision programs designed for business and industry.
The goal of workforce development is to ensure delivery of demand-driven, responsive training and development to employers.
The goal of workforce development is to ensure delivery of demand-driven, responsive training and development to employers. The mission is accomplished through partnerships and collaboration with the local and state workforce investment system, the State Workforce Investment Board, economic development agencies and the Mississippi Community College Board.
Services provided to business and industry include:
- Customized training
- Advanced manufacturing and technology skills training
- Industry-specific pre-employment training and assistance
- Leadership development/management/supervision programs
- Information technology certification training
- Online non-credit training through Ed2go
- Health and safety training
- Career Readiness Certification
- Mobile training units (PLC/Millwright/Motor Control/Welding)
- Apprenticeship sponsor and RTI provider
For information on how to partner with MGCCC on workforce development please call:
Jackson County & George County
Harrison County & Stone County