West Harrison County Center
Earn Your Mississippi CDL License
About the Program
Commercial Truck Driving is an open admission program that prepares individuals to drive trucks and other commercial vehicles. Instruction includes:
- Operating diesel powered vehicles
- Loading and unloading cargo
- Reporting delays or accidents on the road
- Verifying loads against shipping records
- Keeping necessary records
A certificate of completion in Commercial Truck Driving will be awarded at the culmination of a minimum of 12 semester hours (320 clock hours) of satisfactory study.
This curriculum is based upon data as collected from curricula guides, input from the business, requirements of the Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), and a revision team.
Special admission requirements for this program are:
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must hold a valid Mississippi driver’s license and have received no more than 3 speeding tickets within the last 3 years.
- Must be able to pass a DOT physical and drug screen from an approved college provider.
- Must complete Gulf Coast Work Ready prerequisite and receive a Silver on the National Career Ready Credential.
- Must have Mississippi DOT Commercial Driver’s Permit.
In order to complete this program, students must:
- Obtain a Mississippi Commercial Driver’s License
- Pass the Mississippi DOT Commercial Driver Written Examination
Apply to MGCCC
Ready to apply to MGCCC and start your career as a Commercial Truck Driver?Apply Now
Commercial Truck Driving Coursework
For class times, visit the MGCCC class schedules.
|DTV 1116 - Commercial Truck Driving I||6|
|DTV 1126 - Commercial Truck Driving II||6|
Total Credits: 12
Associate of Applied Science of Occupational Education Degree
Not applicable for the Commercial Truck Driving Program
For information on how to become a student at MGCCC, orientation, registration, and our programs, please call (228) 896-2536 or email email@example.com.