Apply for Radiography Technology
The Radiography Technology program begins each Summer semester, and supplemental applications are due between January 15th and April 1st.
If deadline falls on a weekend, holiday, or college closing, the deadline is 5:00 p.m. on the next college business day.
If you have questions about the application process, contact an Enrollment Specialist.Download the Admissions Checklist
Apply to MGCCC
Apply and become accepted to Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College. You can apply to MGCCC online.
Submit copies of official transcripts of all schools attended to the Office of Admissions. All transcripts must be reviewed by the Office of Admission for determination of course credits.
Review the online mandatory Pre-School of Nursing and Health Professions Orientation Session.
The session can be viewed anytime and anywhere you have access to the internet. The Power Point presentation gives you valuable information on topics common to all School of Nursing and Health Professions programs at MGCCC. Even without the ability to speak directly or interact immediately with a School of Nursing and Health Professions advisor, the session speaks to frequently asked questions from program entrance to completion. In order to receive credit for viewing the session, follow the steps below. The information is approximately one (1) hour in length. To complete this requirement do the following:
- Visit Web Services.
- Select Student.
- Select School of Nursing and Health Professions Supplemental Application Orientation Session.
- In order to receive credit, you must review the entire session.
- Click survey complete so that your log-in information will be recorded in the college’s BANNER system.
Have a minimum cumulative (GPA) of 2.5 on college work with no grade less than “C” on any Academic Core* courses in the current RT curriculum. (Courses may be re-taken and highest score will be used)
Achieve a minimum Composite ACT Score of 18
Register for and complete the HESI A2 exam – HESI Exam Registration and Dates 2023-2024
Student must complete at least four of the program’s Academic Core* courses. One of the four courses must be Anatomy & Physiology I. All courses considered for selection must be completed prior to making application.
Academic Core courses include:
Humanities/Fine Arts Elective
Social/Behavioral Science Elective
Get a Criminal Background Check
All students in a School of Nursing and Health Professions program at MGCCC must obtain a clear or acceptable Criminal Background Check from an MGCCC Campus Police Department at HC, JC, GC, or Perkinston Campus.For testing times, dates, and more information on this policy, download the School of Nursing and Health Professions Criminal Background Check Policy and Information Sheet.This policy is in compliance with Mississippi law requiring a Criminal Background History Check with Fingerprinting through the Mississippi Department of Health.
- Complete the Supplemental Radiologic Technology Application
By April 1st, complete and submit the online Supplemental Application. To complete and submit the online Supplemental Application:
- Visit Web Services.
- Select Student.
- Select School of Nursing and Health Professions Supplemental Application.
Thereafter, the applicant MUST read the guidelines carefully. In order to complete and submit the application, college admission and ALL pre-requisite requirements are required.
Program openings are filled based on Selective Admission; applicants are ranked based on their individual achievement test scores and prior college course work. The selection criteria used to rank applicants are:
- Academic Core GPA 10%
- Cumulative GPA 30%
- ACT Composite 30%
- HESI A2 Exam 30%
Program enrollment is a floating number which can fluctuate each year and is determined by the Radiologic Technology Advisory Committee based on the local job market needs.
The college is assisted and advised by the Radiologic Technology Advisory Committee composed of radiologists, department directors and technologists, college administrators and instructors. Students who are selected are also held to the following program policies.
RGT Program Policies
- All School of Nursing and Health Professions students are required to submit to substance testing in accordance with the substance testing policy and procedures. View the School of Nursing and Health Professions Substance Testing Policy.
- The School of Nursing and Health Professions requires proof of Immunizations and/or CPR. Submission of all required documents will begin following program acceptance. Failure to meet the requirements will result in withdrawal/dismissal.
- Upon admission to the Radiologic Technology Program, students must maintain a 2.0 GPA on the required courses and complete each course with a C or better.
- Adherence to additional clinical affiliation requirements may be necessary depending on clinical rotation placement. (i.e. hospital orientation, HIPAA training, CPR certification)
- School of Nursing and Health Professions Student Manual (PDF)