Respiratory Therapist to RN (Hybrid)
Transition Your Respiratory Therapist Experience to the Role of RN
Summer Entry (Bryant Center at Tradition)
This program is being offered at a special discounted rate. Many of the standard fees, excluding tuition, are being covered by a grant. Contact Karol Purdie for more information and details on program costs at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Save up to $2,415 off
- Registration Fee
- Resource Fee
- Technology Fee
- Career Tech Fee
- Substance Testing
- Liability Insurance
- National Board Exam Fee
The Respiratory Therapist-to-RN Hybrid option is designed to assist qualified Registered Respiratory Therapists (RRTs) with the transition to RN practice via an evening/weekend hybrid (face to face and distance) learning environment.
After successfully completing the summer transition courses, NUR 1115 and NUR 1116, the RRT student accepted into the evening/weekend hybrid option is awarded nine (9) semester hours of credit for previous Respiratory Therapy education. Thereafter, the student will by-pass the first year courses required of ADN graduates and enter semester 3 (evening/weekend) of the ADN program. Beginning with NUR 1115 and NUR 1116, and thru the terminal ADN courses, NUR 2434 and NUR 2422, course and clinical works will include the EMS/Paramedic-to-RN students and the LPN-to-RN (evening/weekend) students. Credit for these courses plus the 9 credit hours for previous education equal the required sixty-six (66) semester hours to be awarded an Associate of Applied Science Degree.
The Respiratory Therapist to RN (Hybrid) program at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College located in Biloxi, Mississippi at the Bryant Center, is state accredited by the Mississippi Board of Trustees of State Institutions of Higher Learning, 3825 Ridgewood Road, Jackson, Mississippi 39211 (601-432-6486); and nationally accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), 3390 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 1400 Atlanta, GA 30326 (404) 975-5000.
The most recent accreditation decision made by the ACEN Board of Commissioners for the Respiratory Therapist to RN (Hybrid) program is Continuing Accreditation. View the public information disclosed by the ACEN regarding this program at http://www.acenursing.com/accreditedprograms/programsearch.htm.
Graduates will be eligible to apply to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses® given by the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN) and will earn the title Registered Nurse (RN) credentialed upon successful completion of the exam.
National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN – Professional License Requirements)
Year of Initial Accreditation:
Respiratory Therapist-to-RN Pathway approved by ACEN in November of 2019
Focus Visit: N/A
Last Evaluation Visit: February 2020
Most Recent Action: October 2020
Next Evaluation Visit: Spring 2028
The mission of Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College Nursing Program is to provide a learning environment that facilitates the development of qualified persons in the community to achieve the goal of becoming nurses who value the concepts of caring, competence and professionalism.
The Concepts and Outcomes of the Respiratory Therapist-to-RN Hybrid Nursing Option are:
- Provide holistic care that is client centered, caring, culturally sensitive and based on the physiological, psychosocial and spiritual needs of clients (Client-Centered Care).
- Collaborate with members of the interdisciplinary health care team to promote continuity of client care (Interdisciplinary Collaboration).
- Use research as a basis for evidence based nursing practice and clinical judgment (Evidence-Based Practice).
- Promote quality improvement by participating in the development and implementation of organizational and care related plans for improving health care services (Quality Improvement).
- Minimize risk of harm to clients, self and others (Safety).
- Integrate information technology resources into the provision of client care (Informatics).
- Provide health-related education to restore health and promote optimal wellness (Client-Education).
- Demonstrate accountability for the delivery of nursing care in a professional, ethical, and legal manner (Professionalism).
Prior to Entering Program
TEAS Entrance Exam $76 – $85 (Register at http://www.atitesting.com)
Criminal Background Check $65 – $80 (MGCCC Campus Police)
Once Admitted into Program
- General MGCCC Tuition and Fees
- Career and Technical Program Fee $75 per credit hour
- Pre-admission Physical Exam and Immunizations $200 – $300
- E-books $600 – $800 – (No rentals or hard books required)
- Substance Testing $29 – $35 per semester
- Liability Insurance $12 – $15 per semester
- Standardized Exams & Resources – $500 per semester
- Workbooks, additional purchase items, supplies $300 – $500
- Uniform, Lab Coat, Shoes, Accessories $200 – $300
- Student Nurse Organization per year $40 – $60
- Nursing Conventions per semester $150 estimated (Required all semesters)
- Skills Lab Bag Fee $10 – $50
Additional Expenses During Final Program Semester
- Licensure Exam Fees $300 – $500
- School Pin and Nursing Lamp $50 – $200
- Cost may be subject to change
Questions? Contact a nursing representative.