This non-credit healthcare program prepares applicants to sit for the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program (NNAAP) to become a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) in Mississippi. Upon successful completion of the program and the exam, the graduate is eligible for employment opportunities with various healthcare agencies, i.e. nursing homes, home health providers and community clinics.
This Mississippi State-approved hybrid program prepares students for employment in long-term care facilities, hospitals, clinics, and home health agencies to provide basic care to clients. Students will complete a minimum of 84 hours online theory/on-campus training and 16 hours of clinical training in a long-term healthcare facility.
Cost: $630 paid at any MGCCC Business Office – Testing fees for the NNAAP exam are included in course fee.
*The MGCCC Non-Credit Refund Policy is located on the MGCCC website.
- Complete the MGCCC Registration Form for Non-Credit Healthcare Courses listing CNA as the course name and include a listed course date of interest. Course schedules are located on the website under Schools/ School of Nursing and Health Professions/Non-Credit courses webpage.
- Submit a copy of your high school or high school equivalence (HSE) diploma
- Present a copy of one of the following documents (a, b, or c) or complete the ACT WorkKeys Exam (details are provided by the CE Coordinator after registration form has been received and processed).
- Copy of ACT Score that is an 18 or higher
- Copy of College Degree
- Unofficial transcript showing college courses taken AND PASSED (within the past 10 years).
After registration has been received:
- Please allow 1-2 weeks after submission for the registration process to be completed. You will receive registration notification and payment instructions by email.
- Begin completing all health requirements and background check.
Note: Students are accepted conditionally until all required pre-clinical documents are received by the end of the third week of class and approved for clinical/lab attendance.
Criminal Background Check is due BEFORE the first day of class. All students accepted into a MGCCC CNA course must obtain a criminal background check from a MGCCC Campus Police Office. The $65 criminal background check payment is not included in the CNA program cost. The payment is made at the campus business office with the receipt presented at the Campus Police Office in order for testing to take place.
Note: A background check with any possible disqualifying event will be reviewed by a committee for acceptance into the program. You must provide a Court Abstract from the respective courthouse for all arrests/charges that may appear on your background check. This process may take several weeks to approve or deny; students will not be allowed to attend the program until approval has been given. Committee approval is based upon “MS Code 43-11-13” related to clinical attendance.
Note: MGCCC reserves the right to substitute instructors, change class schedules, and cancel programs due to insufficient enrollment or unforeseen circumstances.