Veronika Landry

Veronika Landry, a student at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College’s Harrison County Campus, has been named a 2024 New Century Transfer Scholar and will receive a $2,250 scholarship.

New Century Transfer Scholars are selected based on their academic accomplishments, leadership, activities, and how they extend their intellectual talents beyond the classroom. Over 2,200 students from more than 1,300 college campuses nationwide were nominated. Only one New Century Transfer Scholar is selected from each state.

“I am very grateful for the scholarships I have received because they have allowed me to continue my education after I no longer receive financial aid, and I have thoroughly enjoyed getting more involved on my campus,” Landry said. “After MGCCC, I plan to continue majoring in Game Design at the University of Central Florida.

Landry of Biloxi holds three officer positions at the Harrison County Campus. She is the Vice President of Leadership of Phi Theta Kappa, the Treasurer of the STEAM Club, and the President of the Queer Alliance Club, which she helped establish.

The New Century Transfer Scholar program is sponsored by The Coca-Cola Foundation, the Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation, Phi Theta Kappa, and the American Association of Community Colleges (AACC).

“We congratulate Veronika for receiving this prestigious scholarship, and we are honored to partner with the Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation, The Coca-Cola Foundation, and the AACC to recognize these outstanding achievements,” said Phi Theta Kappa’s President and CEO Dr. Lynn Tincher-Ladner. “Scholarship programs like this are integral for creating opportunities for two-year college students to succeed and for putting college completion within reach.”

Share This Article