Perkettes are the official dance team at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College. Established in 1952, the Perkettes are proud members of MGCCC Band of Gold, exemplifying tradition, precision and excellence.
Perkette Audition Prep Clinic
Date: March 4 & April 1, 2023
Time: 8 AM – 1 PM
Location: Weathers/Wentzell Center – Perkinston Campus
Attending the prep clinic is mandatory to be eligible to audition. There is no pre-registration for the event. Participants will be able to register upon entry.
Perkette Dance Team Auditions
Date: April 22, 2023
Time: 8 AM – 2 PM
Location: Malone Hall Auditorium – Perkinston Campus
Candidates will need to bring:
- A copy of Medical Insurance Card (Front and Back)
- Copy of MGCCC Acceptance Letter
- Current Headshot
The Perkette Dance Team audition process consist of 4 categories: Technique, Game Day, Choreography, and Interview.
- Round 1 – Technique
- Across the floor Kick Combination (Front, Side, and Tilts)
- Leap Combination (Front, Side, Calypso)
- Aerials (Right, Left, Front)
- Turn Combination (Pirouettes, Turns in Second, Directional)
- Round 2 – Game Day
- MGCCC Fight Song (prep clinics / socials)
- Kick Combination (prep clinics / socials)
- Round 3 – Choreography
- You will be required to learn and perform choreography taught the day of auditions to the best of your abilities for our judges. There will also be an opportunity for you to show case your unique movement style through improvisation, featuring any tricks, technical skills, or qualities that make you an asset to our team.
- Round 4 – Interview
After Choreography, you will be asked a few questions by our judges. Some sample questions are listed below. (You do NOT need to bring a change of clothes for this portion of audition.)
- Why do you want to be a member of the Perkette Dance Team?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses as a dancer?
- What do you feel makes you an asset to our team?
- After Choreography, you will be asked a few questions by our judges. Some sample questions are listed below. (You do NOT need to bring a change of clothes for this portion of audition.)
Dress to impress! Please wear tight fitted dance shorts, sports bra / crop top, and jazz shoes or half shoes / turner. Judges will evaluate body lines and motions; loose clothing is a hindrance and disadvantage. Therefore, do not wear T-shirts, baggy pants and/or sweats. Feel free to choose attire of ANY COLOR. We would like to see creativity and encourage you choose colors that represent you, make you stand out, and feel the most confident. Example audition looks will be posted on our social media pages closer to event date. Male dancers auditioning for the team are recommended to wear black joggers / pants and a tighter fitting shirt of their choice.
Audition Hair and Make Up
Hair should be placed in a slicked back low bun securely fixed. Wear make-up as you would for a game-day performance. Look the part and dress to impress. No jewelry allowed.
If you have any questions or need any help with any part of the audition process please contact Coach Taylor Ritchey Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Join us for our Spring 2023 Jr. Perkette Clinic
Come dance with the Perkette Dance Team at our Spring Junior Perkette Clinic on Saturday,
Participants will learn a 1 minute dance routine to perform with the Perkette Dance Team at the home basketball game on Monday,
Please complete the Jr. Perkette Clinic Registration form and email it to Coach Taylor at email@example.com to reserve your spot today!