Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Program
In compliance with the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988 and the Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act of 1989, Public Law 101-226, Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College is required to notify employees and students that the unlawful manufacturing, distribution, dispensing, possession, or use of a controlled substance or alcohol is prohibited in the college environment. The college has adopted and implemented an educational, assistance, and referral program for students and employees.
Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Program will contain:
- Standards of conduct that clearly prohibit the unlawful possession, use or distribution of illicit drugs and alcohol by students and employees on College property or as part of any of its activities.
- A description of the legal sanctions under local, state, or federal law for the unlawful possession, use or distribution of illicit drugs and alcohol.
- A description of the health risks associated with the use of illicit drugs and abuse of alcohol.
- A description of any drug or alcohol counseling, treatment, or rehabilitation or reentry programs that are available to students and employees.
- A clear statement that the College will impose disciplinary sanctions on students and employees and a description of those sanctions, up to and including expulsion or termination of employment and referral for prosecution, for violations of the standards of conduct.
- A description of the alcohol and drug education programs provided by the College.