for students who excel at what they do.
Use your Career and Technical Experience at MGCCC
Did you complete a two-year career or technical program in high school or place first, second, or third in a state or national student organization competition recognized by the Mississippi Department of Education*? You may be eligible to earn a New Century Skills Scholarship at MGCCC!
New Century Skills – Expert and Master Scholar Awards
These scholarships are awarded to Mississippi residents who are “first-time to enter college” freshmen, have a high-school diploma, and have completed a two-year secondary CTE program OR place first, second, or third in a state or national student organization competition recognized by the Mississippi Department of Education* with an overall high school average of B or above.
- $3000 over two years / $750 per semester for up to four semesters
- $6000 over two years / $1500 per semester for up to four semesters
- High school graduates
with overall G.P.A. of 3.0 – 3.49
- High school graduates
with overall G.P.A. of 3.5 – 4.0
- Completed a two-year career/technical/ vocational program OR have either placed first, second, or third in a state or national competition sponsored by a Mississippi Department of Education student organization. *
* MDE recognized organizations
- Resident of Mississippi **
** As determined by MGCCC Admissions policies
- New Century Skills Scholarships are not stackable with an Academic Excellence Scholarship
- New Century Skill Scholarships may be stacked with one additional institutional scholarship in all other categories (athletic, performance and service, honors, housing, etc.)
- Students may enroll in any academic or technical program of their choice
- The scholarship is renewable for up to four consecutive semesters
- Student must be enrolled in and complete a minimum of 15 credit hours each semester
- Student must maintain a 2.5 cumulative G.P.A. or higher
The application priority deadline for these scholarships is April 1. If you are not a current student, you must first Apply for Admission to the college and have been accepted.
Apply for the New Century Skills Scholarship
Note: If prompted, log in with your MGCCC email address and password. Special information required to submit this application includes high school phone number, school counselor or CTE teacher name and email address.