Students seeking assistance obtaining student consumer information should contact the financial aid office at the campus they attend.
Harrison County Campus
Jackson County Campus
George County Center
All Other Inquiries
Paper copies of the following consumer information will be available upon request.
Rights under Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Rights and procedures for inspection, access, amendment and disclosure of student’s education records and rights to file a complaint of alleged school failure to comply with FERPA requirements. This information may be obtained on the Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College website in the catalog and Statement No. 714 of the College’s Policies and Procedures Manual. A paper copy may be obtained from the Dean of Student Services & Enrollment Management.
- FFEL/Direct Loan (Student Loan) deferments for Peace Corps or volunteer service—Information for deferment from student loan payments for students who serve in the Peace Corps, Domestic Volunteer Service Act of 1973 or serve for tax exempt organization in the field of community service. This information may be obtained at the Department of Education website at studentaid.gov or a paper copy may be obtained from the Financial Aid Office at the locations listed above.
- Available Financial Assistance—a description of all available Federal, state and institutional financial aid programs, application forms and procedures, student eligibility and selection criteria, amounts available, criteria for continued eligibility, satisfactory academic progress standards, disbursement dates and methods, rights and responsibilities of students receiving Title IV, HEA student financial aid, student loan information and regulations, student loan entrance counseling information, college Work Study conditions and student loan exit counseling information. This information may be obtained on the Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College website or a paper copy may be obtained from the Financial Aid Office at the locations listed above. Detailed policies and procedures are maintained on file at each of the Financial Aid Offices listed above.
- Institutional Information—
- Cost of attending school and school refund policy—This information may be obtained at through the student portal “Web Services” for the Cost of Attendance and the school charges and fees and the Refund Policy or in the Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College Student Handbook. Additionally, the Net Price Calculator can estimate cost of attending school.
- Requirements for officially withdrawing from school can be found in the Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College Catalog.
- Return of Title IV (Federal Student Aid) grant and/or loan assistance by students who withdraw from school—students who withdraw from school may have to return Title IV Aid to the college. This information may be obtained on the Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College website at in the Student Handbook or a paper copy may be obtained from the Financial Aid Office at the locations listed above.
- Information regarding the school’s academic programs, Adult Education High School Equivalency Education Program, instructional, laboratory and other academic school facilities, and faculty and instructional personnel may be obtained in the College Catalog and on the Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College website at www.mgccc.edu.
- School accreditation—The College accrediting agency information is located in the Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College Catalog General College Section. See the Vice President for Instruction and Community Campus located at the Advanced Manufacturing & Technology Center.
- Special services and facilities for disabled students—This information may be obtained on the Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College website or in the Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College handbook.
- Scholastic Standards—See the Scholastic Standards Section in the Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College catalog.
- Student loan borrowers will be notified by email within 14 days of disbursement of student loan funds to their account. Students can cancel the loan by contacting the Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College Financial Aid Office. Students can check their student loan status and history on the school portal, “Web Services”. Information on repayment, deferment and forbearance can be found at on the Federal Student Aid Website at www.studentaid.gov.
- Federal Student Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy can be found on the College Website in the Financial Aid Section. Paper copies are also available at the Financial Aid Office at the locations listed above.
- Click here for Exit Loan Counseling Requirements or go to https://studentaid.gov/exit-counseling/
- Click here for Entrance Loan Counseling Requirements or got to https://studentaid.gov/entrance-counseling/
- Completion/Graduation Rates and Transfer Rates—Completion or graduation rates and transfer out rates for certificate- or degree-seeking, full-time undergraduates is available through the Associate Vice President of Institutional Research and Effectiveness located at the Applied Manufacturing and Technology Center and in the College Fact Book published on the MGCCC website.
- Campus Security Report—Procedures for Campus Security warnings, Emergency Information Alerts and announcements can be found in the Student Handbook. Statistics for the past three years for occurrences on or near campus for various crimes, including crimes of prejudice (hate crimes) and liquor, drug and illegal weapon violations, institution crime reporting and response policies, campus security and access, campus law enforcement policy and personnel, crime prevention, crime monitoring and crime preventative programs available for students (the law enforcement authority of campus police has a working relationship with state and local law enforcement agencies including agreements and crime report encouragement policies) may be obtained from Campus Police or the Campus Security and Safety Website.
- Report on Athletic Program Participation Rates, Equity in Athletics and Financial Support Data—Number of male and female undergraduate athletes, team sports of participation, information regarding number of participants, expenses, head and assistant coaches and financial information including revenues and expenses of various team sports, scholarships, recruiting expenses and coaches’ salaries as well as the graduation and completion rates of student athletes may be obtained from the Director of Athletics located at the Perkinston Campus or on the MGCCC website on the EADA Annual Athletics Survey page.
- Drug Free Schools and Community Act:
- MGCCC Network and Internet Acceptable Use Policy—The Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College (MGCCC) Network and Internet Access provides students, faculty, staff, and administrators a wide variety of communication and informational resources. All users (employees and students) will abide by policies and procedures which require users to be identified and to follow a set of practical guidelines when utilizing the college’s information technology resources and telecommunications network to protect the integrity of its computing systems, workstations, and lab facilities. These policies and procedures define appropriate use of e-mail and other network services. Information can be found at on the MGCCC Network and Internet Acceptable Use Policy page on the MGCCC website.
- Student Body Diversity Report—In the categories of gender and ethnicity of enrolled, full-time students who receive Federal Pell Grants can be found at IES National Center for Education Statistics College Navigator page.
- Graduate Placement Report— Contact the specific program directors regarding the types of employment obtained by graduates of each specific program. Contact information can be found on the IES National Center for Education Statistics College Navigator website. Additional information on student performance can be found on the Student Achievement Metrics page on the college website.
- Fire Safety Report—Fire safety practices and standards of the College may be found in the Guide to Residence Living. This guide may be obtained in the Housing Office on the Perkinston Campus or in the Annual Fire & Safety Report. The fire log may be reviewed in the Housing office on the Perkinston Campus.
- Retention Rate—The retention rate of certificate or degree-seeking, first-time, full-time undergraduate students can be found on the IES National Center for Education Statistics College Navigator website.
- Vaccination Policy—Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College does not have a vaccination policy for all students. However, students admitted to a Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College healthcare professional program require certain vaccinations, in addition to other admission requirements specific to each healthcare program. Prospective students may review these requirements, as well as faculty contact information, at www.mgccc.edu, under the respective program of study.
- Transfer of Credits and Articulation Agreement—Information pertaining to transfer credits into Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College can be found in the Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College Catalog under University Transfer Preparation or in the Mississippi Articulation & Transfer Agreement. Further information can be found by contacting the Director of Admissions and Records at each campus location. Transfer out credits are determined by the articulation agreement between the Mississippi Trustees of the State Institutions of Higher Learning and the Mississippi Community College Board. A copy may be obtained at on the Mississippi Public Universities Academic & Student Affairs web page or the Executive Vice President Teaching & Learning and Community Campus
- Disclosure of Reimbursements for service on advisory boards—Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College Financial Aid employees do not receive any compensation or reimbursement for serving on any lender, servicer or guarantor advisory boards.
- In-State Tuition Rates for Armed Forces Members and Their Families—Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College will charge a member of the armed forces who is on active duty for a period of more than 30 days and whose domicile or permanent duty station is in Mississippi, his or her spouse and his or her dependent children in-state resident tuition. In addition, if a member of the armed forces who is on active duty, his or her spouse or his or her dependent child pays such an in-state tuition rate, Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College will allow the individual to continue to pay such a rate as long as the individual is continuously enrolled, even if there is a subsequent change in the permanent duty station of the member to a location outside of the state.
- Voter Registration information and an online application can be found on the Secretary of State website.
- Results of Disciplinary proceedings concerning crimes of violence or non-forcible sex offenses must be disclosed to the victim upon receipt of written request or to the next of kin via written request if the victim dies. Contact the Dean of Student Services and Enrollment Management for more information.
- Emergency Notification Policy information can be found at www.mgccc.edu under Campus Police and Safety and How to Report an Emergency in the Student Handbook.
- Education outcomes, completion, graduation rates disaggregated by gender, major racial/ethnic sub-groups, recipients of Title IV aid and recipients of neither Pell nor Direct Loans. This information is available in the office of the Associate Vice President of Institutional Research and Effectiveness located at the Applied Manufacturing and Technology Center and in the College Fact Book published on the MGCCC website.
- Returning service members will need to complete a new application for admission when they make the decision to return to Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College. In addition, Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College will make reasonable efforts to help the student prepare to resume the program. Students should contact the VA Certifying Official at each campus location for assistance. Students should provide a copy of their DD214.
- Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College Student Complaint Process – Information regarding the process for students to file a complaint or grievance can be found online in the MGCCC Student Handbook. A student has the right to express their dissatisfaction about action or lack of action relative to a matter either academic or non-academic in nature. For complaints violating state law, students may follow the state complaint process for the Mississippi Commission on College Accreditation (MCCA). This information can be found on the Mississippi Commission on College Accreditation website. The MCCA will not respond until the student has exhausted all grievances procedures provided by the institution.
- Textbook Information can be found on the Bookstore Textbook Information page on the Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College website.
- Constitution Day commemorates the formation and signing of the U.S. Constitution by thirty-nine brave men on September 17, 1787, recognizing all who are born in the U.S.
or by naturalization, have become citizens. MGCCC celebrates Constitution Day on September 17 each year through handouts and electronic communication available to students, faculty and staff. For more information on Constitution Day, visit the website.
- Teacher Accountability
- Private Loans – Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College does not compile or provide a preferred lender list and does not have a preferred lender arrangement for private education loans. Students are to search for possible lenders, compare those lenders and select the lender of their choice should a private loan be necessary.
- Leave of Absence Policy – MGCCC does not have a Leave of Absence policy as defined by the Department of Education for purposes of awarding and receiving Title IV financial aid. While students can request a leave of absence from MGCCC, these are considered to be withdrawals for Title IV aid purposes and the return of funds requirement applies. We do have policies for Active Duty Military Withdrawal and Medical Withdrawals.
Disclaimer: At the time of publication the information contained in this document was believed to be true and accurate. For the most current information, see Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College’s website at www.mgccc.edu or contact the Financial Aid Offices listed at the locations above.
Revised June, 29, 2021
Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes students and employees without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age or qualified disability. For further information, contact the Equal Opportunity Officer at a Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College Center, Campus, or the Central Office. Compliance is coordinated by the Executive Vice President for Administration and Finance, Perkinston Campus, P.O. Box 609, Perkinston, Mississippi 39573, telephone number 601.928.5211.