Frequently Asked Questions

How much does it cost to go to school?

A list of tuition and fees can be found online and also in the College catalog under “Financial Information”

How can I pay?

Payments can be made at any campus Business Office, online through web services, by mail or by phone.

What forms of payment do you take?

We accept cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover

We now accept American Express online only

Do I have to pay in full?

You must pay at least 1/3 of your total tuition and fees at the time you register in order to secure your schedule for the Fall and Spring semesters. The second payment for the Spring will be due by the end of February and the final payment will be due by the end of March. The second payment for the Fall will be due by the end of September and the final payment will be due by the end of October. Summer semester may be paid in two installments.

What if I am expecting Financial Aid, do I have to pay?

It is the student’s responsibility to make sure enough aid has been awarded to secure classes. You may be responsible for making a payment in the event it is not awarded prior to due date.

I’m getting Financial Aid, when can I expect my refund?
ALL refunds will be handled by BankMobile. Please be sure to check your Bulldog email account for BankMobile emails. Financial Aid refunds will begin going out approximately 4-6 weeks after your classes begin. Loans will be the following week. Late start classes could impact timing of your refund.

How do I withdraw from a class?

To withdraw, you notify your instructor. Once the Instructor has withdrawn you, you can check with the Business Office to determine the impact on your account. Usually, this takes a couple of days to reflect the withdrawal.

If I withdraw will I get my money back?

If you officially withdraw in a refund period, your tuition and book service fees will be adjusted accordingly. You may contact the campus Business Office to see when and if a refund will be issued to you. ALL refunds will be handled by BankMobile. Please be sure to check your Bulldog email account for BankMobile emails. Please refer to the Academic Calendar for refund dates.

Does the college mail out tax information for students who attended during the year?

Yes, the college mails out 1098T statements. These statements are mailed by the end of January of the following year. The 1098T statement can also be accessed on the website under web services, regardless if you are still attending.

What if I am receiving some type of tuition assistance (Military TA, VA, WIA, MPACT, etc.)?

You must provide the Business Office written documentation from any third party providing tuition assistance. This must be done prior to the first payment date in order to “defer” your fees.

Do I have to pay the book service fee if I do not “rent” the book?
Yes, the book service fee is tied to the course and is a required fee regardless if you choose to use the service.

Can I set up a meal plan to use in the cafeteria?

Yes, you can set up a meal plan by visiting your campus business office beginning the first day of classes. You may choose to use any financial aid credit or pay any amount to put on your plan. Once the Business Office has set the plan up for you, all you have to do is show your student ID in the cafeteria.

Can I use my financial aid credit in the bookstore?

Yes, if your account reflects a credit from your aid, you may charge in the bookstore beginning the first day of class. Visit the Bookstore online for dates and rules.

What do I need when contacting the campus Business Office about my financial records?

You must provide the student GCID#.

What do I do once payment, financial aid, and/or third party payment has been applied to my account?

You will need to pick up a schedule/receipt from the Business Office, go to Campus Police to obtain a student ID and parking decal (if applicable). Both printout and ID need to be presented at the Bookstore to retrieve your books.