FAQ for Military and Veterans Services at MGCCC

I am a new/transfer student and I haven’t received VA benefits before and would like to apply for benefits at this school. What should I do?

  1. Complete the application for VA Benefits online.
  2. Complete the MGCCC Admissions requirements, attend Orientation and register for classes.
  3. Complete and submit the required VA and Military Services forms to Military Services Center.
  4. Transfer students must also complete a change place of training form.

I am adding/dropping classes and this will change my enrollment status that I originally filled out on the Certificate of Eligibility form. What should I do?

All changes to your class schedule and/or contact information must be reported to the Military Services Center as soon as possible.

I am changing my major.  What do I need to do?

Complete a Change Program of Study at and bring a copy to Military Services.

When can I apply for VA Benefits at MGCCC?

As soon as you decide that you are interested in attending college, complete the application for VA Education Benefits online. The sooner the better. Print out the confirmation showing you applied for benefits. All students must submit a copy of the Certificate of Eligibility (COE) to Military Services once received. If you have additional questions, contact the MGCCC Military Services Center on the campus you will attend.

My prior school won’t release my transcript. Can I still get VA education benefits at MGCCC without my transcript?

No, the VA requires that an institution have ALL official transcripts before the school can verify your enrollment to the VA. If you cannot get your transcript from your prior school, you should contact the prior school and resolve the reason they are holding your transcript. You will not be able to receive VA benefits at MGCCC until the official transcript is on file.

Can I receive Financial Aid and VA benefits at the same time?

Yes, veterans may be eligible for Financial Aid as well as VA Benefits. All students encouraged to apply for Financial Aid to help with education costs. You can apply for Financial Aid on the FAFSA website. However, veteran students receiving a scholarship should see a VA Certifying Official to verify the effects it may have on their benefits.

How do I get access to my military transcript?