About the Lab
The Jackson County Learning Lab is located on the first floor of the Learning Resources building. Students have access to:
- Areas for group and individual study
- 24 desktop computers
- Laptops (for use in Lab only)
- Reichert microscope
- Anatomical models
- zSpace augmented reality machine with Labster Virtual Lab Simulations pack, Visible Body Human Anatomy Atlas, VIVED Anatomy, Newton’s Park, Franklin’s Lab, VIVED Chemistry, VIVED Science.
- Oculus Rift virtual reality machine
Learning Lab Hours: Fall and Spring
Monday – Thursday: 7:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Friday: 7:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Learning Lab Hours: Summer
Monday – Thursday: 7:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Friday: 7:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Learning Lab Personnel
- Melissa Davis – Assistant Dean LRC: 228.497.7642
- Genetris Byrd – Admin Asst: 228.522.1388
- Ivan Philippoff – Writing Instructor: 228.497.7871
- Diane Ehrman – Science Instructor: 228.497.7894
- Kelsey Stewart – Math Instructor: 228.497.7613
Honors Student & PTK President
“The JC Learning Lab has played a vital role in my academic success. I am confident to say that my experience and success at MGCCC and beyond would not have been possible without the assistance of the JC Learning Lab.”