The Learning Lab space is open! Our services can be accessed on campus as well as on Canvas using the links below. Keep checking your college email and checking the Keep Learning page for updates.
About the Lab
The Jackson County Learning Lab is located on the first floor of the Learning Resources building. Students have access to:
- Areas for group and individual study
- 24 desktop computers
- Laptops (for use in Lab only)
- Reichert microscope
- Anatomical models
- zSpace augmented reality machine with Labster Virtual Lab Simulations pack, Visible Body Human Anatomy Atlas, VIVED Anatomy, Newton’s Park, Franklin’s Lab, VIVED Chemistry, VIVED Science.
- Oculus Rift virtual reality machine
Learning Lab Hours: Fall and Spring
Monday – Thursday: 7:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Friday: 7:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Learning Lab Hours: Summer
Monday – Thursday: 7:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Friday: 7:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Learning Lab Personnel
- Barbara Lee – Assistant Dean LRC: 228.497.7642
- Genetris Byrd – Admin Asst: 228.522.1388
- Ivan Philippoff – Writing Instructor: 228.497.7871
- Rachael Nelson – Science Instructor: 228.497.7894
- Kelsey Stewart – Math Instructor: 228.497.7613
- Allison Turley – Math Instructor: 228.497.7732
Honors Student & PTK President
“The JC Learning Lab has played a vital role in my academic success. I am confident to say that my experience and success at MGCCC and beyond would not have been possible without the assistance of the JC Learning Lab.”