Apply for Radiography Technology
The Radiography Technology program begins each Summer semester, and supplemental applications are due between January 15th and April 1st.
If deadline falls on a weekend, holiday, or college closing, the deadline is 5:00 p.m. on the next college business day.
If you have questions about the application process, contact an Enrollment Specialist.Download the Admissions Checklist
Apply to MGCCC
Apply and become accepted to Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College. You can apply to MGCCC online.
Submit copies of official transcripts of all schools attended to the Office of Admissions. All transcripts must be reviewed by the Office of Admission for determination of course credits.
Review the online mandatory Pre-Health Sciences Orientation Session.
The session can be viewed anytime and anywhere you have access to the internet. The Power Point presentation gives you valuable information on topics common to all health science programs at MGCCC. Even without the ability to speak directly or interact immediately with a health sciences advisor, the session speaks to frequently asked questions from program entrance to completion. In order to receive credit for viewing the session, follow the steps below. The information is approximately one (1) hour in length. To complete this requirement do the following:
- Visit MGCCC Web Services
- Enter the GCID (M#) and Password
- Select Student
- Select Health Sciences Division Supplemental Application Orientation Session.
- In order to receive credit, you must review the entire session.
- Click survey complete so that your log-in information will be recorded in the college’s BANNER system.
Have a minimum cumulative (GPA) of 2.5 on college work with no grade less than “C” on any Academic Core* courses in the current RT curriculum. (Courses may be re-taken and highest score will be used)
Achieve a minimum Composite ACT Score of 18
Register for and complete the HESI A2 exam HESI Exam Dates 2019-2020
Student must complete at least four of the program’s Academic Core* courses. One of the four courses must be Anatomy & Physiology I. All courses considered for selection must be completed prior to making application.
Academic Core courses include:
Humanities/Fine Arts Elective
Social/Behavioral Science Elective
- Get a Criminal Background CheckAll students in a Health Science program at MGCCC must obtain a clear or acceptable Criminal Background Check from an MGCCC Campus Police Department at JD, JC, GC, or Perkinston Campus.For testing times, dates, and more information on this policy, download the Health Sciences Division Criminal Background Check Policy and Information Sheet.This policy is in compliance with Mississippi law requiring a Criminal Background History Check with Fingerprinting through the Mississippi Department of Health.
- Complete the Supplemental Surgical Technology ApplicationBy April 1st, complete and submit the online Supplemental Application.To complete and submit the online Supplemental Application:Visit MGCCC Web Services
Enter the GCID (M#) and Password
Select Health Sciences Division Supplemental Application.
Thereafter, the applicant MUST read the guidelines carefully. In order to complete and submit the application, college admission and ALL pre-requisite requirements are required.
Program openings are filled based on Selective Admission; applicants are ranked based on their individual achievement test scores and prior college course work. The selection criteria used to rank applicants are:
- Academic Core GPA 10%
- Cumulative GPA 30%
- ACT Composite 30%
- HESI A2 Exam 30%
Program enrollment is a floating number which can fluctuate each year and is determined by the Radiologic Technology Advisory Committee based on the local job market needs.
The college is assisted and advised by the Radiologic Technology Advisory Committee composed of radiologists, department directors and technologists, college administrators and instructors. Students who are selected are also held to the following program policies.
RGT Program Policies
- All Health Science students are required to submit to substance testing in accordance with the substance testing policy and procedures for the Health Sciences Division. View the Health Sciences Division Substance Testing Policy.
- A physical examination, immunization records, and completed health form, signed by a Medical Physician, are required prior to the first meeting of the program. View the MGCCC Health Sciences Division Pre-Entrance Health Form.
- Upon admission to the Radiologic Technology Program, students must maintain a 2.0 GPA on the required courses and complete each course with a C or better.
- Adherence to additional clinical affiliation requirements may be necessary depending on clinical rotation placement. (i.e. hospital orientation, HIPAA training, CPR certification)
- Health Sciences Division Student Manual (PDF)