Apply for MGCCC’s Respiratory Care Technology Program
The Respiratory Care Technology program begins each Fall semester, and supplemental applications are due between April 15th and July 5th.
If deadline falls on a weekend, holiday, or college closing, the deadline is 5:00 p.m. on the next college business day.
If you have questions about the application process, contact an Enrollment Specialist.
Apply to MGCCC
Apply and become accepted to Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College. You can apply to MGCCC online.
Submit copies of official transcripts of all schools attended to the Office of Admissions. All transcripts must be reviewed by the Office of Admission for determination of course credits.
Review and complete the Mandatory Pre-School of Nursing and Heath Professions Orientation Session.
The session can be viewed any time and anywhere you have access to the internet. The PowerPoint presentation gives you valuable information on topics common to all School of Nursing and Heath Professions programs at MGCCC. Even without the ability to speak directly or interact immediately with a School of Nursing and Heath Professions advisor, the session speaks to frequently asked questions from program entrance to completion. In order to receive credit for viewing the session, follow the steps below. The information is approximately one (1) hour in length.To complete this requirement do the following:
- Visit Web Services.
- Select Student.
- Select School of Nursing and Heath Professions Supplemental Application Orientation Session.
- In order to receive credit, you must review the entire session.
- Click survey complete so that your log-in information will be recorded in the college’s BANNER system.
BIO 2514: Anatomy and Physiology I
BIO 2524: Anatomy and Physiology II
Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 on college work with no grade less than “C” on any Academic Core* courses in the current RCT curriculum. (Courses may be re-taken and highest score will be used.)
Achieve a minimum Composite ACT Score of 18
Get a Criminal Background Check
All students in a School of Nursing and Heath Professions program at MGCCC must obtain a clear or acceptable Criminal Background Check from an MGCCC Campus Police Department at HC, JC, GC, or Perkinston Campus.
For testing times, dates, and more information on this policy, download the School of Nursing and Heath Professions Criminal Background Check Policy and Information Sheet.
This policy is in compliance with Mississippi law requiring a Criminal Background History Check with Fingerprinting through the Mississippi Department of Health.
Complete the Supplemental Respiratory Care Technology Application
Between April 15th and July 5th complete and submit the online Supplemental Application.
To complete and submit the online Supplemental Application:
- Visit Web Services.
- Select Student
- Select School of Nursing and Heath Professions Supplemental Application.
ALL required test scores, transcripts, and entry items (CBC, pre-orientation, etc.) must be completed with results placed in Banner (MGCCC’s computer information system) by the appropriate college employee prior to the deadline. In addition, any outstanding college holds must be clear in order for the applicant to complete and submit the supplemental program application. Incomplete applications will not be considered. (MGCCC reserves the right to review additional supplemental applications following the posted deadline)
Program openings are filled based on Selective Admission; applicants are ranked based on their individual achievement test scores and prior college course work. Student ranking for entry into the Respiratory Care Technology program is based on the GPA, and the ACT composite. Program enrollment is a floating number which can fluctuate each year based on availability of clinical rotation slots. Students are selected according to the following criteria:
- Academic Core GPA – 20%
- Cumulative GPA – 40%
- ACT Composite – 40%
Respiratory Care Technology Program Policies
- All School of Nursing and Heath Professions students are required to submit to substance testing in accordance with the substance testing policy and procedures. View the School of Nursing and Heath Professions Substance Testing Policy.
- The School of Nursing and Health Professions requires proof of Immunizations and/or CPR. Submission of all required documents will begin following program acceptance. Failure to meet the requirements will result in withdrawal/dismissal.
- Upon admission to the Respiratory Care Technology program, students must maintain a 2.0 GPA on the required courses and complete each course with a C or better.
- Adherence to additional clinical affiliation requirements may be necessary depending on clinical rotation placement. (i.e. hospital orientation, HIPAA training, CPR certification)
- School of Nursing and Heath Professions Student Manual