MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST COMMUNITY COLLEGE COMMENCEMENT
Live broadcast – Replays available on-demand
ALL CEREMONIES WILL BE LIVESTREAMED INCLUDING THE ADULT EDUCATION CEREMONY ON MAY 12 AT 7:00 PM AND THE SCHOOL OF NURSING & HEALTH PROFESSIONS PINNING & RECOGNITION CEREMONY ON MAY 14 AT 9:00 AM.
METAL DETECTORS WILL BE USED AT ALL ENTRANCES.
PLEASE DO NOT BRING WEAPONS OF ANY KIND INCLUDING SMALL POCKET KNIVES.
PURSES AND BAGS WILL BE SEARCHED. BRING ONLY WHAT YOU NEED. LEAVE VALUABLES AT HOME OR LOCKED IN YOUR VEHICLE.
PLEASE DO NOT BRING BALLOONS. THEY ARE NOT ALLOWED INSIDE THE ARENA.
ALL GUESTS WILL SIT ON THE TERRACE OR BALCONY. FLOOR SEATING IS NOT AVAILABLE.
Instructions for Guests
Coliseum doors open 5:00 pm • Ceremony begins 6:30 pm
Guests should allow time for travel and parking. Traffic becomes extremely heavy between 5 pm and 6 pm and parking is difficult.
Handicapped seating is limited on the Terrace Level behind sections 6, 9, 20 and 22. Guests accompanying handicapped guests may sit in the row in front of the handicapped guest.
Elevators are located in the north and south lobbies (Please see an usher if you need assistance).
HEARING IMPAIRED GUESTS
An interpreter will be on the stage throughout the ceremony.
Graduates will exit the South Arcade Lobby of the Convention Center following the ceremony. Guests are not allowed in the convention center.
Instructions for Graduates
Please read instructions CAREFULLY. There will be no rehearsal for Graduation Ceremony.
Cap and gowns will be available for pick-up at the campus you attend as indicated on your graduation application Monday, May 3 through Friday, May 7. Graduates will also pick up their ticket at this time. You will need your ticket to enter the coliseum.
|Monday, May 3||9 am – 4 pm|
|Tuesday, May 4||9 am – 4 pm|
|Wednesday, May 5||9 am – 4 pm|
|Thursday, May 6||9 am – 6 pm|
|Friday, May 7||9 am – noon|
Students MUST come to campus during the time frame listed above in order to participate.
JACKSON COUNTY CAMPUS
Student Service Center
HARRISON COUNTY CAMPUS, KEESLER CENTER, & NAVY BASE
Harrison County Campus Student Services U-202
GEORGE COUNTY CENTER
Student Services Building/ Business Office
BRYANT CENTER AT TRADITION
Bryant Center Administration Desk
WEST HARRISON COUNTY CENTER
Military honors chords are available for pick-up on your campus. Present your Military ID or DD214 to receive your chords.
Graduation Invitation templates are available to invite other guests to view the ceremony online via live stream.
Face Coverings or masks are not required. Each participant should act responsibly and according to their comfort level. Graduates will be socially distanced while seated on the floor.
Provided by Life Touch Photography
Photograph Receiving Diploma
When your diploma is presented to you, the photographer will capture the image (smile, and keep your tassel to the side). The photographer will send color proofs after graduation should you wish to purchase a photo.
Guests that cannot attend the ceremony can watch it live at Livestream. A video recording of the graduation ceremony will be available at mgccc.edu several days following the event.
- 5:00 P.M. ARRIVE AT THE CONVENTION CENTER HALL C CORRECTLY DRESSED IN CAPS AND GOWNS.
- Prepare for extensive walking and standing. Wear comfortable shoes.
- Prior to the ceremony, hang your gown so the wrinkles will release.
- You will not return your cap and gown. You may keep them.
- The tassel hangs left front, halfway between the corners.
- Honor (GPA 3.3 – 3.7) – Gold Tassel.
- High honors (GPA 3.7 – 4.0) – Gold Tassel and Gold Chord.
- Phi Theta Kappa and Alpha Beta Gamma – optional honor society stoles (see advisor).
- Military honors chords – Present your Military ID or DD214 to receive your chords at your campus when you get your cap and gown.
Doors will open at 5:00 pm. METAL DETECTORS WILL BE USED AT ALL ENTRANCES. PLEASE DO NOT BRING WEAPONS OF ANY KIND INCLUDING SMALL POCKET KNIVES. PURSES AND BAGS WILL BE SEARCHED. BRING ONLY WHAT YOU NEED. LEAVE VALUABLES AT HOME OR LOCKED IN YOUR VEHICLE. ARRIVE BEFORE OR BY 5:00 P.M. ON YOUR DESIGNATED DATE (THURSDAY, MAY 13 OR FRIDAY MAY 14) ALL CANDIDATES FOR GRADUATION MUST ENTER AT THE SOUTH ARCADE LOBBY ENTRANCE OF THE CONVENTION CENTER. THIS IS NOT AN ENTRANCE FOR GUESTS! GUESTS ENTER THROUGH THE COLISEUM. See map. Pick-up your reader card and honors regalia (if applicable) when you arrive. You will be directed to the pre-seating area.
Graduates who arrive by 5pm may park in Parking Lot 3, and enter in the convention center.
Candidates who need accommodations due to physical disabilities should notify Student Support Coordinators at the appropriate campus by April 30. In addition, if you have mobility issues, trouble standing, or walking for more than 5 minutes, or require more than one chair please contact a Student Support Coordinator on your campus.
Harrison County Campus
Jackson County Campus
Perkinston Campus & George County Center
West Harrison County Center & Bryant Center at Tradition
Candidates and their guests should conduct themselves in a dignified manner, respecting the rights of others at the ceremony. Cell phones should be silenced. Pay attention to the row monitors sitting to the left and right of the graduate seating. They will direct you to stand and sit at the appropriate time. The podium speaker will also have instructions for you.
- 5:00 PM
- Arrive at coliseum
- Enter through the SOUTH ENTRANCE of CONVENTION CENTER to Hall C. See map.
- Pick-up name cards. NOTE: If your name is hard to pronounce, write the phonetic spelling on the card.
- Sit in your designated seat backstage.
- 5:45 PM – 6:20 PM
- Be seated in line up area.
- 6:20 PM – 6:45 PM
- MAKE SURE YOU HAVE TWO CARDS WITH YOU.
- Remain in your seat and be prepared to process.
- March onto the coliseum floors in rows of two behind the platform guests.
- Floor Marshalls will guide you to the appropriate row.
- Walk to the end of the row and remain standing until the invocation is over.
- DURING CEREMONY
- Remain seated during the speakers’ presentations.
- Stand at the President’s request to have degrees conferred.
- CROSSING THE STAGE
- WATCH THE ROW MONITORS.
- Each row of graduates will stand.
- Walk together in a single file line to the stage ramp.
- Hand your name cards to the college employee as you approach the stage.
- Walk onto the stage when your name is called.
- Shake President Dr. Mary S. Graham’s hand
- Receive a diploma case, (photographer will snap photo)
- Walk off the stage and return to your seat.
- Your diploma will not be in the case that you receive.
- DIPLOMAS WILL BE AVAILABLE AFTER THE CEREMONY HAS ENDED AND GRADUATES MARCH-OUT. Please do no return to Hall C before the ceremony has ended.
- Benediction is played.
- Graduates follow Floor Marshalls.
- FAMILY/GUESTS ARE NOT ALLOWED IN HALL C.
- AFTER CEREMONY
- Proceed to Hall C to pick-up your diploma.
- Keep your gown cap, tassels, and gold cords.
- Please check the diploma to be sure it is correct.
- Summer 2020 and Fall 2020, there is no need to wait in line for a diploma as you have received it already.
- GRADUATES EXIT
- Graduates will exit through the South Entrance of the Convention Center – signage will indicate exit direction.
CONGRATUATIONS 2021 GRADUATES!
To celebrate your success, our gift to you is a COMPLIMENTARY TWO-YEAR MEMBERSHIP IN THE MGCCC ALUMNI ASSOCIATION! Visit mgccc.edu/newalumni to complete the form and join the MGCCC alumni family!
Thank you for choosing Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College!
Congratulations and Best Wishes!