It is a benefit provided by Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College to offer employees, employee dependents, and students access to medical care, health education, disease screenings and health assessments. The health clinics focus on acute care and wellness much like a primary care doctor’s office.
MGCCC employees, employee dependents, and students can utilize the clinics.
Fees are waived for active employees, employee dependents, and currently enrolled students when using on-campus health clinics.
Off-campus clinics are also available. However, you will have to pay your co-pay and your insurance will be filed. Anyone uninsured can utilize the clinics for a $5.00 co-pay which will cover your exam as well as general bloodwork.
- Immunizations including COVID-19, flu, B12, Hepatitis A & B, and more.
- Health risk assessments (blood pressure, BMI, height, weight, etc.)
- Physical exams
- Minor emergency treatment (cuts, burns, sprains, etc.)
- Minor non-emergency medical treatment (respiratory infections, sinus infections, allergies, etc.)
- Laboratory testing including COVID-19 testing, Lipid, CBC, CMP, TSH, and free T4 bloodwork
- Symptom treatment (sneezing, coughing, itching, etc.)
- And more!
It is recommended to make an appointment by calling the clinic phone number. Walk-ins are welcome, but patients may see extended wait times without an appointment.
Yes, the clinic can draw laboratory work, however fees may incur for extensive bloodwork to the patient. For questions regarding this information, please contact your campus health care clinic.
Yes. The clinic is operated by Singing River Health System and is under the same HIPPA regulations as any regular medical clinic.