Visit the Assessment Center website for information about scheduling proctored exams. Once you are familiar with the Assessment Center Expectations, scroll down and click Schedule an Appointment to login to the appointment scheduling software. Be sure to read the instructions on your first visit.
- It is the student’s responsibility to plan appropriately for the test. Set your appointment for the test as soon as your instructor provides the dates of availability to ensure that you are able to secure an appointment that fits with your schedule.
- Students must show a picture ID prior to testing.
- No cell phones, computers, or other electronic devices should be brought into the assessment center unless specifically listed as a permitted material during testing by the course instructor.
- Be respectful to the Proctors and your Fellow Students at ALL times.
- Do not bring anyone with you to the Assessment Center.
Off Campus Proctors
If you are out of state or cannot take your test at an MSVCC Assessment Center, you may request approval of an “Off Campus” proctor. MGCCC students should take the Off-Campus Proctor Request to the prospective Proctor to complete. NOTE: Students who choose to use non-MSVCC testing centers are responsible for any fees associated with proctored testing.
The completed form should be returned to the course instructor for approval. If the course you are taking is not taught by an MGCCC instructor, please return the completed form to the office of eLearning for approval. Off-Campus Proctor requests should be made as soon as possible, but no less than two weeks prior to the proctored test.
ProctorU is an online proctoring service that is provided through MGCCC’s participation in the Mississippi Virtual Community College. This is an optional paid service for students who cannot come to an assessment center for testing.
NOTE: Students who choose to use this optional service will be required to use a web-cam before and during the assessment. Testers may be asked to pan the surrounding area before and during testing. Students who are not comfortable with using a web-camera for this purpose should use an approved MSVCC Assessment Center or submit an Off-Campus Proctor Form for approval.