Welcome to the Residence Halls
At Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College, we use “Residence Hall” and not “Dorm.” To us, the word “dorm” means a place to hang your hat and sleep. We want you to have more!
Our trained Residence Life staff offers you information, advice, and support. They help develop an atmosphere of community living that helps you in your academic and personal growth.
“Residence Hall” means a total campus living experience. The next time you hear the word “dorm”–remember–that’s not where your MGCCC experience happens!
All residents must select a 5 or 7 day meal plan and be registered for at least 12 credit hours (9 of these hours seated, non-online classes). See Campus Dining for facilities and hours.
5 Day Meal Plan
A 5 Day Meal plan covers Sunday dinner through Friday lunch.
7 Day Meal Plan
A 7 Day Meal Plan covers all meals in except for Sunday breakfast, but a brunch is served on Sunday mornings.
Residence Hall Amenities
Residence Hall lobbies are equipped with community furniture, computers, flat screen television, and vending machines.
Your room comes equipped with a desk and chair, single bed, chest of drawers, individual closets and blinds for windows. All rooms are air-conditioned and heated. All rooms have tile flooring.
Our Residence Halls offer double and triple occupancy rooms in 4 person suite (bathroom shared by 4 residents) and 12 person suite (bathroom shared by 12 residents) buildings. Sorry, we do not offer apartments or single occupancy rooms.
Cable/Satellite service is provided for each resident’s room, lounge, and lobby areas at no extra charge.
Internet Service is provided in each residence hall. Both wired and wireless internet is available. Routers are not permitted and will be confiscated.
Telephone service is available in the lobby of each residence hall with local telephone service only. Collect calls or long-distance calls require a calling card.
Coin-operated laundry machines are available in each hall laundry room. ($1.00 per wash, $1.00 per dry)
Packages may be delivered to:
Residence Hall, Room #
51 Main Street
Perkinston, MS 39573
Residents may pick up packages at the front desk of the Mellinger Student Center.
Parking is free on campus. A parking decal is required and may be obtained from Campus Police. Residents are provided parking around their residence hall only.
What to Bring
Below is a list of items that you may bring to make your room more comfortable for day-to-day living. Many of these items are optional. MGCCC does not require you to purchase any of these items; however, in most cases we do not provide these items either. Check with your roommate before move-in so that you don’t crowd your room with two of everything.
- Pillow, sheets, blanket, or comforter – Andrews, Hayden, Moran, and Owen Halls have extra-long twin size mattresses (39”x80”). Bryan, George, and New Women’s Halls have regular twin size mattresses.
- Towels, plastic shower caddy, shower slippers, hairdryer, trashcan, sewing kit, tissues, first-aid kit, toiletries.
- Toilet paper if assigned to Bryan, George, Hayden, and New Women’s Halls.
- Computer and printer, alarm clock, MP3/CD player, flashlight, batteries, TV (with co-axial cable), desk lamp, power strip, and connecting cords.
- Laundry bag/basket, laundry detergent, clothes hangers, iron, and small ironing board.
- Backpack, calendar, school supplies; Umbrella, raincoat, and other wet weather necessities.
- Refrigerator and microwave for Andrews, Bryan, Hayden, Moran, and Owen Halls. George, and New Women’s Halls come equipped with refrigerator and microwave. There is a limit of one refrigerator (no larger than 4.5 cubic feet) and one microwave (800 watt or less) per room.
- Kitchenware, utensils, microwavable containers, cleaning supplies.
- Student ID, Social Security card, driver’s license or passport, insurance card, checks, credit or debit card.
- Copies of prescriptions (Prescriptions should be kept in their original container with the owner’s name on it.)
- Photos of friends and family, posters, other decorative items (you may not use nails or make holes in the walls) and under the bed/closet storage containers.
- Bryan, George, Hayden, & Canizaro residents are required to clean their own bathrooms in addition to their rooms. Please be prepared with cleaning supplies. A vacuum cleaner, broom and dust pan and other cleaning items are available for check-out at the front desk of your residence hall.
What Not to Bring (Prohibited Items)
MGCCC campuses are alcohol, tobacco, and drug free!
- Alcohol, tobacco, drugs, and drug paraphernalia.
- Additional refrigerators/microwaves (Only one per room is allowed.) Andrews, Bryan, Hayden, Moran, and Owen do not have refrigerators/microwaves provided. Please check with your roommate to plan who will bring appliances for the room.
- Weapons of any kind (including fireworks, bb guns, airsoft guns, pellet guns, paintball guns, knives, water guns or balloons).
- ANY pets. No animals (except documented guide or assistance animals) are allowed inside residence halls.
- Halogen lamps, incense burners, candle warmers, candles or open coil appliances (toasters are allowed), routers
- Body or face wipes may not be flushed on campus.
- Extra bed frame, TV wall mounts, drills, hammers, nails.